Chapter 11

The Funeral

 The next morning I felt my heart tortuously breaking apart piece by piece. I sat up in my bed and wiped my eyes clearing the stray and dry tears. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to go to the funeral that would be taking place later this afternoon. I wasn't ready to let go of Cedric. I dressed into my regular school robes then tied all my hair in a ponytail and left the common room to visit and apologize to Harry. I knew what happened wasn't his fault, and he needed to know that.

While I walked, people would stop and point at me then whisper but I ignored them. I didn't care if they pointed, stared or even laughed at me, nothing could affect me now. I reached the Hospital Wing my eyes saw Harry and his friends. Hermione noticed my staring first then nudged Ron's arm who looked at me, they expressed their goodbyes then left me and Harry alone. Hermione patted my shoulder on her way out. I rested myself next to Harry on his hospital bed while trying to come up with the words to say to him.

"I'm really sorry about the things I said to you the other night, Harry," I whispered, staring into my hands, I didn't have it in me to look him in the face. Harry gently took my hand into his but I still couldn't look at him. "I shouldn't have yelled at you when I didn't even know what happened and even then I – will you please tell me what happened?" I asked.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked quietly. I shut my eyes and nodded. "Cedric and I both got to the cup and we both told each other to take it but I suggested that we take it together. When we did, it took us to a graveyard, - it was portkey. I read the name on one of the tombstones and told him to get back to the cup but he didn't listen to me until it was too late, Pettigrew came out of a room carrying a deformed version of Voldemort and he ...ordered Pettigrew to kill... Cedric because he wasn't even supposed to be there. I kept yelling at him to get back to the cup but he said he wasn't leaving then he got hit by the killing curse." As Harry explained the rest of the story I imagined it in my head and tears flowed. Harry explained the end of the story about seeing mum and how Voldemort was back and how he also saw Cedric and Cedric said he wanted Harry to bring back his body and Cedric told Harry to tell me that he still loved me, even in death.

"Harry, it was my fault that Cedric died," I cried, Harry seemed extremely confused.

"How could it be your fault, you weren't even there," Harry argued. Finally I looked up at my brother with tears slowly falling.

"No, but I made Cedric promise me that he would try to keep you safe and that's why he didn't listen to you when you told him to go back to the cup, it's all my fault," I sobbed. The pain I had felt before increased to its maximum.

"Everything will be alright, you'll see, I'm sorry, if I could change it then I would in a heartbeat," Harry rushed. I quickly wiped the tears back and maintained my composure. I didn't want to cry anymore but it wasn't going to stop as long as I was there.

"I know but you can't so it's better to not dwell on it, I'm sorry about your arm and I hope that you feel better soon," I released my hand from his then walked out of the Hospital Wing. I started my way to the Great Hall when Draco Malfoy called out my name, I sternly turned around, revealing my pink face to him to his passe.

"What do you want Malfoy?" I asked, with dark venom in my voice. Draco came closer to me then continued to talk.

"So now that you aren't dating Diggory anymore, maybe you and I can have a go at it huh?" he asked, I scoffed at him then rolled my eyes.

"First of all, keep dreaming and second of all, do even know how inappropriate that is to say today?" I sneered. Malfoy rolled his eyes almost as like he was expecting the answer.