"We gotta do something about ma man, I left school at lunchtime and she was drunk off her ass." I sighed.

Josh's relationship with my mom was the total opposite of his relationship with senior. He acted like he hated the ground she walked on. He blamed her for his dad finally walking out. When She picked up the bottle, he cut her completely out of his life.

"What do you suppose we do bruh? Mama's a grown ass woman. She know she has responsibilities and she chooses to drink because she fucked up and lost a good man." Josh sighed annoyingly.

This nigga would call his dad a good man. The only man I got to see was a piece of shit that had no problem hitting a woman.

I sucked my teeth. "Man fuck all that! Our mom is here killing herself slowly and you're not gonna even try to help?"

"Maybe she'll be better off. I gotta go bruh, I gotta handle some shit." Josh smacked his lips.

"Well before you go, mama lost her job. We gotta figure some shit out before the bills are due." I sighed while shaking my head.

This was the last thing I needed on my mind. Graduation was a few months away and I still hadn't decided if I was gonna head to college or sit out a year. Things were not looking good at the moment.

"Bye Jason. I'll be by there!" Josh yelled before hanging up in my face.

Josh was loud and obnoxious like his dad. One thing for sure though, no matter how bad he tried to mask it, I knew he had a heart. I knew that at the end of the day all he wanted was my mother's love. He looked so much like his dad that she despised him.

Senior never treated me badly. He took all his frustrations out on my mom. Once he left and never returned, she took her frustrations out on the bottle. It fucked me up because besides Junior, Josh Sr. was the only male figure I had in my life.

Heading to the kitchen table I shuffled through the pile of mail. Of course majority of the shit was past due bills.

I don't know what type of shit my mom got going on in her head but she has to get her mind right quick because from the looks of things, time was not on our side.

I wanted to get a job after school to help my mom with the bills but she insisted that I didn't. I was the star varsity football player and colleges from around the world were interested in me so I had little to no time for anything other than practice.

If push came to shove I would just have to give up on my dreams to keep a roof over our heads. It's a major sacrifice, but somebody's gotta do it.

Hearing the roaring from the engine of my brother's motorcycle pulled me from my thoughts. I got up and stepped on the porch to meet him.

"What up?" Josh asked after pulling off his helmet and stepping up on the porch.

"Mannnnnn." I replied running my hand across my head. "I think I'm gonna have to quit the team and get a job."

Josh scrunched up his face while smacking his lips.

"Fuck you gon do that for?" he asked frowning.

"Man mama on some other shit! Like, I don't know what else to fucking do. These bills don't stop piling and she done fuck around and lost her job." I said frustrated.

"You can always come stay with me Jay. let mama fuck up her own life, but don't let her mess up your shit." Josh shrugged.

I sighed heavily. This nigga stayed trying to convince me to leave my mama.