"You know I didn't mean to do that shit right?" I asked her sincerely. She looked at me with a blank expression. I chuckled lightly at her pettiness. "I apologize baby. The last thing I would do is hurt you on purpose. You forgive me?"

"All you've done these past couple of years was hurt me on purpose Jason." Tasia sighed. "Are you done? Because I'm tired."

I just nodded my head. Her words were like a blow to my heart. I never meant to be this nigga, but life had changed me drastically.

Tasia hopped out of the car and slammed the door. She walked into the side door located inside the garage and slammed that too. I shook my head because I knew I was in for a long day.

After getting out of the car I taped a bag over the window and made my way inside the house. Sitting down on the couch I took my small container of weed from my pocket along with a cigar and began to roll up. Another bad habit I picked up along the way.

After sealing my blunt tight I looked for a lighter. Once I saw one inside the photo album I flipped it open and used it to light my blunt. Tasia hated when I smoked inside the house, but she was gonna have to deal with it today. I was too tired to go outside.

Flipping through the pages of the photo album I had to laugh at all of the memories. There was some of my brother and I, my mom, but Tasia and I had the most. She was the one person that remained consistent in my life. I laughed at the photo we took the day we tried having sex.

After Tasia ran out on me, I looked over and my mom was knocked out on the black leather couch with a half empty fifth of Hennessey and what I'm guessing was a six pack of Budweiser. Sighing heavily, I cleaned up the mess before shaking her awake.

"Mama! Mama get up! Why you not at work?" I asked with furrowed brows.

My mom had a damn good job and the way the bills were piling up around here, she really couldn't afford to lose it.

Slightly opening her eyes before groaning. My mom's words were barely audible.

"Joshua, mama got laid off today baby." She managed to mumble lying back down like shit was cool. I shuffled my feet before frowning at her.

"I'm Jason mama! And what you mean you got fired?! Come on man, we just got that notice about the lights and the first is right around the corner. What you do?" I yelled frustrated.

My mom sighed heavily before sitting up on the couch. I could tell how quickly she fell back that her drunk ass got dizzy from that move.

"DAMMIT JOSH I GOT FIRED! WHAT YOU WANT ME TO SAY?! GET ON OUT OF HERE SO YOU CAN GRAB YOUR BROTHER FROM SCHOOL! GET!"

I sighed as my mother threw a empty can at me. The fact that she was looking me in my face and still calling me my brother's name was a clear indication that she was beyond fucked up.

I can't believe that my mom had become this person. An alcoholic that couldn't go a couple of hours without a damn drink.
___________
"What up scrub!" My brother Josh answered his phone.

Some people's heroes were the ones in the comic books or niggas saving the world. My hero was my hustling big brother. Josh had to step up to the plate as the man of the house when his dad Josh Senior left.

Senior wasn't the type of man to look up to, but Josh loved him nonetheless. Secretly I hated his ass. He used to beat the shit out of my mom.

I was the result of a fling she had when Senior was stepping out doing his own thing. From the stories I've heard my dad was Senior's right hand man, I wouldn't know cause I've never met his ass.