Task Three: Nuada and Bres

The Tuatha Dé Danann were far from immune to quarrels- their blood burned hot with joy and rage, with life and magic and passion.

It so happened that Nuada, the true king, was injured in the battle to take Ériu, and in his place Bres the pretender took the throne. Bres was not entirely of the Tuath Dé, for half his blood was of the demonic Fomoire race who inhabited Ériu and loved destruction.

When Nuada was healed by Diancecht, the physician of the Tuath Dé, he came to reclaim his throne. He and Bres did battle and the latter fled the tribe, vowing vengeance upon his former home and subjects.

Captain's Log. Date: 44.16.11.10.2150

Those utter fools.

They couldn't even give us a week to mourn the shuttle crash that killed six colonists during re-entry. I just attended the last funeral- a dismal affair that buried our security officer, Stephan Lakton, in Danuvian soil. He rests in peace now next to the other colonists who shared her shuttle: Jordyn King, Winora Winford, Ezequiel Arroyo, Chrysanthemum Paterson, and Dana Brecht. 

You'd think such somber proceedings would preclude argument, but our two resident idiots were like cats and dogs at the funeral, not even two feet from the grave. Thank heavens it ended quickly- otherwise, I'd have lost my temper and we'd be down our chief scientist and governor to boot.

This argument can't be good for the integrity of the colony. Thalita wants to immediately launch into full investigations of the planet and its organisms, exploring, taking samples, and performing experiments even I consider risky. But Hai is at the other end of the spectrum; he's all but instituted martial law, strictly forbidding anyone to leave a defined perimeter until some undefined point in the future. I'm the only one he doesn't dare to command- or at least attempt to command. My closest officers and I remain in a small outpost to the north of the colony, where our landing craft has been retrofitted for shelter and defense. 

They need to get themselves together and work out a compromise, or I fear for the safety of the colony. After all, an external threat is far less dangerous than one from within. Especially if the danger comes from the people to whom you've offered your service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requirements

-Surprise! This task, Governor Chen and Dr. Moriz's differences become too much to handle. Thalita Moriz is officially seceding from Eden and establishing her own colony elsewhere on Danu, outside of the Governor's influence. 

-Your tribute must decide whether to stay in Eden or go with Dr. Moriz. Some factors to consider:

Philosophical Differences: Dr. Moriz believes in immediate and extensive exploration and experimentation with the local geography and organisms, regardless of danger. Governor Chen believes in restricting this research until an undefined later date, and even then taking great caution with any scientific actions.

Geographical Differences: Eden is currently located near the ocean, on an expanse of plains that is likely to be fertile soil for cultivation. Dr. Moriz plans to move significantly inland, to a biome that strongly resembles a forest and is likely to have much more biodiversity.

Social Differences: Any tribute who goes with Dr. Moriz will not be able to interact with any of the tributes who stay in Eden, besides basic messaging with computers.

Kills: Two this task, both of them ballots. Four tributes will go up for votes this round. Two will be eliminated.

Due Date: Thursday, March 17 at 10 PM EST