OUAD (21)

Chapter 21

Franz POV

"Aid!"

"Franzie Boy!" Aid and I hug after she fetches me here at the airport. Yes, I lied to Jasmine about not going home early for her birthday. I want to surprise her. I want to make her birthday memorable and one of the happiest moment of her life. I already asked for Jami and Nina’s help to distract Jasmine and make her think that I’m still at Davao for some urgent business matter. I also called Mr. and Mrs. Diaz to inform them about my surprise birthday party for Jasmine after he formal one. They said that if I needed anything for my surprise, they are more than willing to help me.

"Did you get my car at Jasmine’s condo?" I asked Aid when I didn’t see any sign of my car at the arrival area.

"Ahmmm.. about that, I didn’t really have the chance to get there cause Jami and I were kind of on the war zone right now so I just brought my motor cycle with me"

"Ohhh.. So… Where do you plan to place my luggage in your motor cycle then?" I ask not pleased.

"You can take a cab or something? And I’ll just guide the taxi to my house. Haha" Aid said and gave me a nervous laugh. I would have killed her now if she’s not my best friend.

"Fine, let’s go" I said and hailed a taxi.

***

"Franzy!" two little angels shout as we arrive at Aid’s house.

"Amy Annie!" I knelt and shout back giving them a hug.

"How are Aiden’s two little angel?" I asked smiling.

"We’re good!" they said in unison.

"Aidy! Where’s Jami? She said she will come here and buy us gummy bears" Annie said clinging to her teddy bear. After hearing Jami’s name, my head automatically flung on Aid’s direction.

"Jami’s been here?" I asked frowning.

"No… I mean… it’s not your Jami.. or Jasmine’s Jami.. or the impertinent Jami you know" Aid said stammering. I raised my eye brow and gave her a knowing look.

"Fine! She came here like once or twice" she said defeated.

"No Aidy! She’s here almost like every day giving me and Amy gummy bears and choc-" Annie retorted but didn’t finish what she was saying because Aid was already on her side and placed her hand on her mouth.

"Why don’t you guys go inside and watch tv or something. Or you guys can help mom to cook dinner"

"But we missed Franzy. She doesn’t come here anymore like she used to" Amy said then cling her arms on my hip.

"Don’t worry, Franzy will be staying here for a couple of days so you guys can catch up later after dinner" Aid said then pat Annie and Amy’s shoulder motioning them to go inside already. After that, I gave Aid a "what was that all about look".

"I’ll tell you on the right time" she said then took my other luggage with her. I’m going to stay here at Aid’s until Jasmine’s birthday and starting tomorrow we will start preparing for my surprise party for Jasmine.

***

"All is set now! I can’t wait for tomorrow" I exclaimed while roaming my eyes to the venue of my surprise to Jasmine. I rented a beach resort not far away from the city so we can come here in no time after her formal party.

"Aid, let’s go back to the city. I need your help" I said and pulled her inside my car. I drove for less than two hours just to buy my last gift for Jasmine.