OUAD (16)

Chapter 16

Jasmine POV

"Can you stop moving?" I hissed at Franz as she try to move away from the cotton ball on my hand.

"It's painful you know" she spat back glaring at me.

"Then you should have thought of that before you start to fight an uphill battle" she twinge as I push the cotton hard on her swollen lips.

"It's not an uphill battle Jasmine. Have you seen the guy's face? Mine is just a scratch compared to him. He punch like a baby"

"When did you start to be a scrapper Franz? I still can't believe you fought those men. You're still a girl for Chris sakes!" my last words were just supposed to be a reminder but it came out wrong. I yelled at her and it's not good because Franz doesn't like to be yelled at. And as I expected, she started to get up from my bed marching towards the door.

"Franz! stop! You're not going anywhere! You will stay here or I will drag you back to the bed!" I scowl at her as she stops on her tracks.

"What should I suppose to do Jasmine?! let those guys to disrespect Nina? I can't let any guy do that to a girl, not in my presence" she firmly said sitting on my bed again. Nina is my friend and I don't want anything happen to her also. But why do I feel a sting of pain when Franz took a fight for her? Will she do the same for me if I'm the one who's on Nina's shoes?

"I'm sorry" I sat down on the couch sobbing. Why do I feel this way?

"Hey" I felt Franz knelt down pulling my chin up.

"Why are you crying? Are you jealous of Nina?" she asked wiping away my tears.

"If I said yes? Will you.... stay.... away from her? she kissed you" I mumbled between sobs. A smile slowly creeps from her face as she lean in and kiss my forhead.

"She's drunk baby and I know that she would've done it if she's sober.There's nothing to be jealous of Jasmine. She's your friend that's the reason why I want to be friends with her in the first place. Stop crying now. I don't want to see you crying" A smile of relief slowly imprinted on my face after she gave me a peck on my lips.

"How do you find her?" I ask all of a sudden.

"Well..... she's pretty" she shrugged as my hand automatically slaps her arm.

"Hey I'm just kidding" she smiles and grimace rubbing her arm that I slapped.

Franz held my hands looking at me in the eye "There's no one in this world that can compare to you Jasmine. You're the most beautiful thing that came into my life. So you don't have to be jealous if I took a fight for Nina because I will do the same with you. Heck, I will took a bullet for you" then she kiss me on my lips passionately before I can even respond. Being with Franz like this washed my worries away. I feel so secured around her like no one can ever hurt me.

"Thank you baby. Are you still mad at me?" I ask rubbing her swollen lips and the scratches on her face.

"Nah. I'm sorry about how I reacted. I'm just..... I don't know. I feel like I'm threatened. Like.... he can snatch you away from me without me even knowing. I'm just scared I think that you will leave me eventually when you realized that I'm not the one for you. That a guy is still better than a girl"

"What? no! Baby..." I cupped her face looking at her in the eye "I love you for who you are. It's not a big deal if you're a girl, a guy or transgender or whatever. What matters most is that I love you and you love me. And that we're happy. It's all that matters" she nods and I gave her a kiss which later turns into a passionate one. God! I miss her so much. I thought I will lose her when we had that terrible fight. But now I'm holding her in my arms. And I couldn't be happier.