Chapter 1

PWTDS Chapter 1

CLARISSA POV

I was consumed by darkness and I didn't know what to do. Suddenly, a hellhound jumped out at me and I shot up screaming. My brown eyes flew open and I was sweating. I wiped my forehead and my heartbeat slowly returned to normal. I look around and realized I was in a large room with dark wood furniture. I looked at my arm and it was covered with bandages. Where was I? I climbed out of the double bed and I realized I wasn't wearing my usual dress, but I was in a pajama, I think. My head turned when I heard the door open and I quickly took a fighting stance. I was about the jump when I saw a girl my age walk in.

She had wavy black hair that fell below her shoulders and bright blue eyes. She was about 5'3 with a small waist, but still very attractive. She looked shocked when she saw me standing and ready to kick her head in, but she composed herself quickly and smiled warmly. I still didn't trust her. I kept my guard up.

"Good your awake. I was getting worried." She said, softly.

"Who are you?" I demanded, my eyes narrowing.

"I'm Tatiana Davey and I saved you from the park." She explained.

"What do you mean saved me?" I asked still unsure whether I should trust her. She smelt like a human though so she couldn't have been sent by the Devil himself.

"You were laying in the park unconscious and bleeding. So, I brought you here to take care of you, but I would have brought you to a hospital except your arm was... umm... different." She said, her brow furrowing. She didn't know anything and she was just trying to help me., I realized. I felt the tension leave my body and I slowly dropped my arms.

"How long have I been unconscious?"

"It's been two days."

"I don't really remember anything, but thank you for taking care of me. I should get going now." I mumbled, quickly.

"You can't! At least, not until you're healed because that was a bad wound." She exclaimed and walked over to me. I got defensive again, but she just kept going anyway. I don't know wether she's brave or stupid. She lifted my bandages and gasped in surprise. Underneath them was smooth skin and not a single scratch left.

"That's not possible... I mean it would have taken at least 3 weeks for a wound that deep and infected to heal. Wha...what are you?" She asked, horrified.

Within 5 seconds I had her pinned against the wall with my hands around her throat. The look of fear in her eyes was exhilarating and when I was about to kill her she managed to gasp out "please...don't." Our eyes locked and something clicked inside of me.

My eyes widen in terror and I dropped her. I stepped away, scared and I looked at my hands in horror.

"I'm so...so sorry." I whispered hoarsely and she just looked at me with pure fear, but she didn't run. Definitely stupid.

TATIANA POV

I sat against the wall as my heart continued to beat furiously and I stared at the odd girl across from me. Subconsciously, I rubbed my throat and winced slightly. She had layered blonde hair and brown eyes that were ice cold when she was about to kill me, but now were soft like chocolate. She was tall and slim, like a model, but she was deadly. Although, she was still covered in dirt and I was going to tell her to shower before she attacked me.

"What's your name?" I asked, finally to break the silence.

"Cla...Clarissa." She whispered and she refused to look at me.

"What are you?" I asked again and she looked up to meet my eyes.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." She finally answered and gave me an empty smile.