Playing With The Devil's Son

Playing With the Devil's Son

Prologue 

CLARISSA POV

My mouth was dry and my breaths were coming out in pants. Every nerve in my body was going insane and I was so afraid. I could hear them behind me as they ran and my blood turned cold. I felt them getting closer and the ground rumble with each step they took. I wasn't going to make it.

Sweat dripped down my face and I pushed my aching legs forward. I heard them howl behind me and I knew they were much closer. If only everything would have gone right. If only I had grabbed the pendant instead of getting distracted by Anthony. Now, because of my stupid mistake the hellhounds are after me and Satan is not happy. I turned my head quickly and saw the dog-like creatures with their red eyes and horrible teeth. I fought everything in my body to stop myself from screaming in terror.  

I continued to run and my chest was ready to explode, but I finally arrived at the altar. I saw them pick up speed as they tried to stop me. I screamed at the top of my lungs as I clutched the stolen pendant.

"Take me from the underworld to the living world and free me of the devil within!" I recited and at the last second one of the hellhounds jumped up and latched onto my arm with its teeth. I cried out in pain as a flash of light illuminated around my entire body and then all I saw was darkness.  

With a heavy thud I landed on hard pavement and pain ran through my arm. I groggily looked at my arm and saw it was bleeding a lot. Damn. A flash of light appeared and I came face to face with the hellhound that still had my crimson blood dripping from its lips. Before it would vanish from the living world it spoke to me.

I will find you Clarissa, I swear I will." It growled and I shivered. It was the Devil who had spoken to me through the creature. I watched as the hellhound began to whimper and it completely disappeared. My heart began to slow and I laid there exhausted, but I did it. I escaped from Hell and I made it to the Living World more or less unharmed. I felt tears spill down my face and I couldn't stop smiling. I did it. Then all I saw was black.

ANTHONY POV

I paced silently in front of the large heavy dark red doors. Satan had called me to him and he didn't even have the decency to let me in right away. I had heard from some workers that a teenage girl had managed to escape Hell which is absurd and impossible.  

"Come in, Anthony." He called and I knew if it were anyone else they would have started to shake and tremble in fear, but I did not. I walked into the large room and it matched the red of the door.  He sat at a large black desk in the center of the room and there was a small fire burning in the corner. There was a bookcase with many books inside. Probably containing the "How to be a Devil" guide.

"What do you need, Satan?" I asked blatantly skipping the formalities. He turned in his chair and faced me. He had dark hair and black eyes, but he was very good looking. He had the body of a strong 20 year old and he was wearing regular clothing, but his hands were horrendous claws with sharp nails. He has the power to transform into a human to hide his true form and I'm guessing he just started to turn back.

"Clarissa Johnson, a seventeen year old girl has managed to escape from Hell. I need you to find her." He ordered angrily.

"You want me to go to the world of the living to track this girl down?" I asked just to make sure I heard right. Was he insane?  

"She has the pendant and I can't let some condemned girl possess it. She so much as loses it or worse, gives it away, we're screwed." He explained and he ran a hand through his hair frustratingly.