Chapter Thirty Eight- Aftermath

After being freed from their balcony prison by a passing servant, they parted ways as she regained her place at Declan's side.

"I was getting worried..."

"A door got jammed...it's good now..."

"Good." He went to kiss her hand but saw her ring had been missing. "Where-"

"I was taking a shower and it fell down the sink."

"I can have someone come over tomorrow-"

"No. I already called someone and they are coming in the morning-"

"I can look tonight, save you the money-"

"No. It's alright. You've already done so much.."

"Alright...if you insist...did anyone else..find you?"

"No. Just you."

"Technically you came to me..."

Suddenly the party began to decrease into a more low volume. The excitement caused Naomi to grow dizzy and flushed so she excused herself into the bathroom. When she returned from splashing a little water upon her cheeks and neck, she found that Logan and Declan had struck up a conversation. She stood against the wall, watching as if it was a ghost.

"I know you still have feelings for her Logan...but I won her heart...and if not all of it...slowly..."

"Declan, I won't discredit her feelings...and her and I never talk so I don't know how she feels. I just...You need to treat her right-"

"I'll treat her better than you did."

"Excuse me?"

"Any girl who has her true love...won't let him go that easy as she did to you. She kicked you out like old garbage and traded up for the newer...better...younger version." He took a sip of his drink as Naomi swallowed hard upon seeing Logan grow intense with his gaze. "You watch what you're saying." He shot back as Declan took his threat by surprise.

"I don't think I have ever been threatened before...That is indeed a first...."

"I'm not afraid of you or your father for that matter-"

"He could ruin your career-"

"I would rather have the woman I love on my arm than a pile of plaques that mean nothing."

"And that's where we differ...You romance them with your poetic words and get them into bed....I just bat my eye and I have dozens begging to just let me kiss them. I guess is what I'm trying to say is Naomi is like the rest...but I have won her-"

"She's not a f*****g prize!" He scolded. "And she sure as hell is not yours." Suddenly Declan's gaze shot to Naomi as he saw her out of the corner of his eye. She froze for the moment as he walked towards her, Logan following.

"How could you do this?" He asked as she looked to Logan, glaring at him.

"I can explain-I'm weak around him. He makes me like jello and I can't think or speak or do anything. I'm sorry. I wish I could say something to make you understand-"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

She froze. "What Logan told you?"

"Logan was telling me how I didn't deserve you. Which I know he's right...but are you telling me...you love HIM?"

She couldn't speak as her mouth twitched attempted words, but nothing came about.

"I guess I can't be surprised. It was always him..."

"No...Please-"

She followed him into the street, past the party, in the cold rain. Declan's limo was waiting to take him home as the driver opened his door and ran to the front, to start the engine.

"I am going to have you so ruined by morning...you will have your name in every paper. Speaking of your botched sessions...your inability to keep your legs clothes...even to your teacher..." Suddenly he was knocked to the ground by Logan.

"I told you she deserves respect. And now, we have nothing to lose."

"What if I have proof you screwed her when she was your student?"

"She would never testify against me."

"If I make the jury believe she is brainwashed....she just might...." The door shut as they looked to one another, soaked in the rain, and without a light of their future.

"What now?" She asked as she began to shiver.