Falling into Black

Vote please, and also comment :)

I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I do.  ^_^

LEmme know what you think!

Pain shot through my body and my eyes flew open, looking around me in horror. Confusion and pain were the first two things that I felt. Then fear because I remembered why I was locked in a small space. Klari was dead and she was never going to be on the other end of the phone, or text me, or show up randomly at my apartment.

Tears rolled down my face and snot ran out of my nose but I ignored them because my finger was throbbing. I must have shifted so my hand hit the side of the car when they made a turn and that's what woke me up. 

How am I going to get out of this one? That's the thought that plauged me for the next few minutes as I listened to the sound of the car driving over what sounded like gravel and the muted voices from the car. I knew it was most likely pointless to try and run when they let me out... If they let me out.

Horror filled my body and I realized, Maybe they arn't going to let me out? What if they push the car in the lake and I drown and then die and I don't want to die! My chest started tightening and my breath came out in gasps. Putting my uninjured hand over my chest I breathed in slowly, trying to slow my heart rate and breathing. I wasn't doing myself any favors by freaking out.

Most likely they were not going to kill me or they'd have done it at the same time as Klari. That reminded me of what the man had said, "Mate." What did he mean by that? Either way, I know they are a bunch of psychopaths, maybe they were delutional pycopthaths but it didn't bode well for me in either case. My best bet was to go along with whatever they wanted and hope I got out alive and maybe, just maybe, untouched.

But if I was being honest, it was unlikely that either would happen. I was going to die, it was just a matter of how and when, not If. I bit my lip to keep from cryin out in pain when the car went over a bump and my entire body flew into the air and my hand jammed inot the top of the trunk. I hope he keeps his promise about fixing my freaking finger. I didn't know how I would escape with only one hand, not that I'd tell him of course. That would most likely encurage him to break all my fingers.

The car came to a stop and I froze, what was the correct edicate in this kinda situation. I heard the doors of the car open and footsteps head in my direction. At the last second I decided the best course of action was to pretend to be passed out so I shut my eyes and slumped on the grimey floor of the trunk and tried to keep my breathing slow and even.

The sound of the trunk being opened made me almost jump in fear but I kept myself still. I heard someone grunt in what sounded like amusement and then hands were on me and around my body so I was lifted bridal style. I could smell it was Liam after a second, of course that bastard would insist on carring me.

"Where are you going to put her?" I heard one of the guys ask in a grough voice and there were sounds of agreement from the other men in the group.

I felt Liam's stomch muscles tighen in anger but he just sighed and replied, "I don't know, she's sure to try and run and I won't have that." His voice was dark and evil and I knew that at least for now, running away would get my neck snapped.

Liam climbed up some steps and I heard a door open and then the sounds of boots on a wooden floor filled my ears. Another door opened and then I was dropped onto what felt like  couch or something. Relief filled me and I thougth mabye I would have time alone but then I felt water being poured all over my head.

"What the hell!" My eyes flew open and I sputtered, trying to get all the water out of my mouth. The men gathered around me all laughed at me choking and I glared up at them hatefully.

Liam stepped forward and without warning backhanded me across the face and hissed dangerously, "Don't speak unless I tell you to otherwise I will cut your tongue out!" He leaned in closer so he was whispering in my ear, "I don't need you to be able to talk for what I have planned for you."

Tears rolled down my face but I didn't make a sound and I kept my eyes dull and emotionless, I was bound to get slapped for looking at him wrong and I don't think I could handle that. I nodded and looked down at my injured hand, he wasn't going to fix it that's for sure. 

Liam poked my shoulder roughly, "This is where you're going to live, try and escape and we will break a bone in your body for every attepmt." He grinned and looked at the men next him, "And believe me your finger will feel like nothing compared to how we can do it when we have all the time in the world."

Just before he strode out of the room he reached down and grabbed my long brown hair in his hand and pulled it back so I was forced to look him in the face. Then to my horror and disgust he bent down and kissed me. This time I felt passion and longing... but also an emmense hatered.

Liam pulled away and dropped my hair and strode out of the room. Just before he left I noticed that he wipped his mouth on his sleeve as if kissing me was gross. Which didn't make any sense cause he kissed me in the first place. Whatever, I didn't care about anything but fixing my finger.

I stood up from the couch and walked hesitantely over to a set of drawers. I assumed looking for a weapon was useless but maybe just a pencil and some tape to bind my aching pinkey wasn't too much to ask for. I pushed away papers and rubber bands and books and saw a pack of unsharpened pencils and some painters tape amoung the random junk thrown in the drawer.

Yes! Now, If I could just find some courage I just might be able to fix this. I thought wryly to myself as I walked back to the couch and stared marosely at my pinkey. It was bruised and bent off to the side in a most unnatral posision.  Finally I coulnd't put it off anymore and I grabbed my pinkey will my good hand and pushed it back into posistion.

Whimpering quietly in pain, but taking care not to be lound enough for anyone to hear outside of the room, I slowly unbent it and broke the pencil in half using my knee and my free hand. I lined my pinkey so it was laying on it correctly and then started wraapping he tape around and around it so it wouldn't be able to bend.

Then I tore a strip from the bottom of my dress and went over to the small bathroom that was connected to my room and used the scrap of cloth to clean off my face. My hair smelled nasty so I leaned over the sink and used my free hand to wet my hair completely.  There was a cheap "shamoo condictioner" from what looked like a hotel laying on the toilet so I used my teeth to open it and sniffed  at it warely.

It smelled normal enoguh so I proceeded to wash my hair as best as I could. It took almost an hour but finally I wrang my hair out into the sink and stood up straight. I brought my hair over my left shoulder and braided it up and tied it off with the scrap of cloth I'd used to wash my face earlier.

I washed all the important areas that I could, wishing for a towel or a wash cloth but just happy that I had water at all. Afet I felt clean again I walked out of the bathroom and over to the window. The grounds were large and the lawn was a beautful green and there were flowers everywhere. 

It struck me as strange that the house of 5 men would be so well taken care of so I concluded that they must no be the only ones who lived here.  I continued standing at the window, staring out but not really seeing. My mind was alive with images of Klari being beaten to death and my ears rang with her cries for help.  I knew there was nothing I could have done but I felt so guilty that she was dead and I was alive.

"Why didn't they kill me?" I whispered to the silent room. My only answer was my own shallow breathing and the ticking of a clock hanging on the wall above the couch. Once it grew dark I turned around and walked over to the expensive looking couch and huddled on the end that was furthest from the door.

I tried to fight sleep but I was exausted and before I knew what was happening I drifted off to sleep.