Christopher glared. “Jay has been around here?”

I walked in quickly, making sure Riley wouldn’t say anything else. “Riley why don’t you go to your room?”

She glared at Christopher one more time but left without another word.

I laughed at Christopher. “You’re not exactly a kid person.”

 “Little kids are annoying.” He frowned, standing up. “Anyways, I have to go do something. Meet me tonight at eight?”

I smiled. “Sure. Where?”

“It’s a surprise. I’ll pick you up.”

I frowned. “I hate surprises.”

“You’ll love this one. I promise.” He said, walking towards the door with a grin on his face.

I sighed as I heard the door shut, indicating that he left.

I heard my phone beeping, instantly feeling guilty as I saw I had 10 unread messages. Five from Jay and 5 from Shay all asking where I was and if I was alright. I had almost forgotten about Jay.

“Jay are you okay? I’m so sorry for not calling back.” I said as he answered his phone.

“Are you sure you care?” He asked bitterly.

“I’m sorry, Jay. I was hanging out with Christopher.”

“Forgave him so easily? Didn’t he sleep with that Emily chick?”

Bitterness crept up on me again imagining Emily and Chris together. “I’m only doing this so we can catch him. Nothing else. If we were actually dating then I wouldn’t have forgiven him but I’m not. I have no choice but to forgive him.”

Jay was quiet for a bit. “Sorry, Rose. I was just a bit jealous. You didn’t even come back to see if I was alright. I thought you didn’t care.”

“Of course I cared but I couldn’t go back. Want to come by?” 

“Yeah. I’ll be there in a few. I’m close by.”

“Okay.” I said before hanging up.

“Riley come over here!” I said loudly and sighed when I saw her. “Don’t mention Jay in front of Chris again, okay?”

She frowned. “I don’t like him. Is he your boyfriend?”

I bit my lip. “Not exactly. It’s hard to explain.”

“Well I don’t like him.” She whined.

“He’s going to be coming over a lot more often so don’t be mean.”

“Okay.” She said and I leaned down and kissed her cheek, smiling.

“You’re the best.”

“Can you play with me?” She asked.

I nodded. “What do you want to play?”

“Fashion show!” She gasped happily. Since Riley didn’t own an expensive game system like other kids did, she always made up a new game to play. Riley had the biggest imagination so she had a variety of games she would beg for me to play with her. 

I laughed. “Alright. Fashion show it is.”

Riley smiled and grabbed my hand, leading me to my closet. “Let’s see…”

She picked out the dress that Tyra had bought me and gave me some sneakers that didn’t match with the dress at all. “Perfect!” She exclaimed, happy.