Chapter 15

Here I was, hanging out at Karkat's place like I always did. It was better than being lonely at my house.

  I currently had him huddled up under my arm, his too-baggy sweater bunching up in the space between us. We were watching shitty romcom, on his request of course. I'm pretty sure that it's Mean Girls, but I don't know my romcoms.

  After meeting his family, I can see where he got his affection for sappy movies came from. Growing up in a house full of girls must've been a trip. I grew up in a house by myself and before that I was in a house with a control freak who liked to hit little kids with swords and make everyone feel bad.

  "I swear, they just need to be together for the whole movie. They're so perfect for each other! I don't know how they didn't see it before," Karkat muttered next to me. I gave his shoulders a good squeeze before loosening up.

  "I don't know, babe. They just don't see that obvious chemistry yet," I answered softly, giving a distracted Karkat a kiss to the head. He didn't notice it. He was too engrossed in his movie to even notice that I had responded to him.

I absentmindedly looked around the living room. I wasn't particularly interested in the movie, so I used my time doing something else.

I studied the walls I had seen a million times. They were still the same color as the first time I had seen them way back when we were assigned that project in early August. Damn, our relationship grew fast.

The only real difference were holes in the drywall that had been patched up and painted over. You could only see them if you looked closely. I had no clue who made them.

I hadn't seen the movie credits moving until I was nudged by a sleepy Karkat.

"Hey, the movie's over. Let's head to bed. It's late and I want to sleep. Come cuddle with me," he said, catching my attention. I nodded and got up, following him to his bedroom. We were stopped in the hall by Sollux.

"Dave, I need to tell something to Karkat. It's kind some private shit so could you just buzz off for a second," Sollux lisped. I wonder what they could possible be talking about. Sollux led Karkat over a few paces even after I had retreated to the doorway of Karkat's bedroom.

I couldn't hear what the were saying. All I heard with jumbles of lisps and whisper-yelling. Soon, Karkat vigorously shook his head around, seemingly to get rid of thoughts.

He walked back over to me as Sollux left the house, waving bye to us before he left. Karkat shoved me into the doorway of his room and pushed me onto the bed, crawling up to me and kissing me roughly. He broke it off quickly, though. Something was bothering him.

  "Let's just sleep," he said, fumbling to get his body over mine without crushing me. When he finally got over to my right side successfully, he screwed his eyes shut in an awful attempt to sleep.

  "What was that thing with Sollux about? Is Terezi angry at you again? I wouldn't put it above her to make other people tell you about stuff," I asked. Now, Terezi is cool as shit, but she had gotten other people to tell Karkat and I stuff on more than one occasion.

  "No, this has nothing to do with Terezi. Now go to sleep," He answered.

  "Karkat, you don't normally act like this. What's wrong?" I interrogated. I just want to help him out. How am I supposed to help him if I don't even know the situation?

  "Nothing is wrong, Dave." He hissed through gritted teeth. He was pretty fucking scary when he was like this, so I stopped asking questions.

"Jesus, fine. I just wanted to make sure you're okay," I muttered, not intending for him to hear. Apparently he has supersonic hearing and shot bolt upright in the bed, glaring at me.

"I am perfectly fucking okay, Dave. Stop doting and let me sleep," he spat. Okay, jeez, fine. He was being a tad bitchy and it was starting to bother me.

"Okay. I got it. Just come here," I said, pulling him closer. He tensed a little, despite what a normal thing this was. He relaxed slowly, each one of his stiffened muscles softening as he fell asleep.

I sat there, awake as always. Karkat was sleeping like always. We were polar opposites when it came to that. I couldn't sleep and he couldn't stay awake.

It was dead quiet and I assumed that no one else was home. I saw Sollux leave, but I thought that maybe one of the others would be here.

Well, it was dead quiet until I heard the front door open. I knew it was the front door because I could hear the wind blow heavily into the house before being shut out.

I got up, thinking it was Sollux. Sollux and I got along well enough and I knew he had a pretty shitty sleep schedule, too. I made my way out only to be greeted with Gamzee's turned back. He was frantically searching for something. We didn't really talk and I doubt he really knew me. Just that I'm another being on Earth.

He turned to do more frantic searching but he spotted me before he could dart past me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He growled. I'd never seen him act any other way than the mellow haze he normally was in.

"Oh, I came over with Karkat. I'm staying the night," I responded truthfully. I saw no reason to lie. As far as I was concerned, there was nothing to lie about.

  "And you didn't fucking ask me first. Maybe I don't want Karkat's boy toy messing with my shit," Gamzee said. Boy toy? Was that seriously all I was?

  No, you are not just a boy toy. Karkat loves you and he has told you an uncountable amount times, my subconscious insisted.

"He doesn't need to ask you to have people over. He's not a little kid. And besides, why would I mess with your stuff?" I responded.

"Well, I fucking live here and you don't. Maybe I should see to it that Karkat learns that he can't have anyone he wants over without making sure everyone who's going to be here is okay with it," he snarled, getting closer to me.

"So? And don't you dare hurt Karkat. If you do I will make damn sure that you'll never touch him again," I threatened. I sounded like Kankri from a few weeks ago.

"Oh? You're going to knock my lights out? Ha!" He cackled. "But it's sad that you don't realize what an awful influence Karkat is. You're only 'in love' with him because you don't know what he's really like,"

"I know perfectly well what Karkat's like. He's a good guy. Maybe you don't know what he's really like," I gritted my teeth and balled a fist, but didn't lift it up.

All I saw before feeling my entire body hit the floor was a fist coming straight at me.

______________________________________________

Oh jeez. It's a cliffhanger

But yes. Finally some Gamzee and Dave interaction. I remember getting a suggestion to make Gamzee 'go insane' a while back, and now I'm finally making that happen.

I only put quotes around go insane because he's not going to murder anyone (most likely. You never know. I make make him go legitimately insane.) but he does act like ass

Anyways. I've been getting waaaay more ideas and I'm still trying to think of a proper ending. Planning is hard.

I don't really have much else to say other than that I'm going to post drawings I've done for this story and post them with the sentence(s) that they belong to when the story is completed.

That's going to be a while. I'm hoping to get at least 20 chapters in.

Alright. Bye! (Also, if you caught the pun in this chapter, you've earned kudos from me)

~Ghostie