INTRODUCTION

The KOSALA country in AYODHYA was ruled by a king named DILIPA .They were very prosperous and wealthy . The king Dilipa was respected by the citizens of Kosala country until the king he married SUDAKSHINA , the daughter of king of MAGADHA country .

The Royal couple Dilipa and Sudakshina stayed childless for many years due to the infertility of Sudakshina . The people of his kingdom disrespected him and asked him to transfer his crown to his brother .

Once an elderly royal person advised the couple to visit the hermitage of their family preceptor VASISHTA . He with his wife visited the hermitage to get blessings and also naratted his problem of childlessness to him .

The sage Vasishta meditated a moment and told Dilipa that once he visited heaven and was returning back THE DIVINE WISH YEILDING COW (KAMADENU) was resting under THE DIVINE WISH YIELDING TREE (KALPAKA TREE ) . But he failed to pay attention and respect to the cow remembering his wife Sudakshina and hence the divine cow felt insulted and cursed him that he would be childless until he worships her child NANDINI ( name of the calf ) .

The Vasishta also stated that the divine cow kamadenu stays in nether world in order to provide oblations for the sacrificial fire of Lord Varuna and hence they cannot meet her . But they can meet and worship the divine calf as it stayed in his hermitage . He advised the couple worship the calf and if she is pleased she would bestow them with what they desired for .

PLEASETELL ME IF I HAVE TO CONTINUE OR NOT .