I was currently sitting on my bed reading that page that I still hadn't finished. I was meaning to get through it yesterday, and the day before, but someone had taken my book and hid it somewhere.

I found it outside in the gutter under a bunch of leaves, and I'm surprised that it's still in one piece. It might have been the leaf blanket protecting it, but I'm just glad it's not ripped.

"Kid? You in here?" Patty called. She ran into my room waving her arms around like an aeroplane, and spun multiple times before running around the whole place. I began to get nervous as she made her way towards the vase on the right. Her hand just missed it.

So close.

She ran to the other side to the twin vase and this time her arm was surely going to hit it. No! She can't break it! She gets closer and...

Raises her arm and she misses. Sigh. Thank Death. 

Back to the other side, and I stand up on my bed anxiously, making sure she won't hit the first one. She stops before she can hit it and a wave of relief floods my body. I sit down feeling relaxed and continue reading my book.

*SMASH*

"PATTY!" I scream at her. The broken pieces spread across the floor. Patty looked from the shards, to me, to the shards and back to me. She showed no emotion for a few seconds whilst I was fuming.

Then she smiled and laughed while pointing at the pieces. "HAHAHA it fell! It fell!" She cackled holding her stomach.

"This isn't funny!" I yelled. I could feel my face becoming hot and red in rage. The pieces of the beautiful vase that was my only thing left from her. She put so much effort into the two vases and now one was broken.

"What's going on?" I hear Samantha asks. She steps into the room while Connor stays just outside the door.

Normally her entering would be a problem. But, right now it's an emergency, so I shall allow it.

"Patty, would you stop laughing! This isn't a laughing matter!" I yelled. The girl became quiet then frowned looking down at the pieces. An apologetic look came across her face and I felt a little bad for yelling her.

But she knows how important those vases are to me and to have one smashed to bits is the greatest sin of all time.

"Patty, you didn't smash a vase, did you?" Liz inquired walking into the room. Her question was answered when her gaze drifted to the remains.

"Oh no she didn't.." Liz trailed off with a look of horror on her face. She then turned to me and bit her lip in apologies.

Samantha crouched down near the crime scene and picked up a piece of the broken vase. "Hmm, looks like it was expensive," she says throwing it away not caring where it ends up.

How could she disrespect something so precious?! "Don't touch it! It can't be broken anymore!" I said in panic.

"Not to be rude or anything, but I don't think it can be broken anymore than it already is." Connor commented.

He's right. It's completely destroyed. Now I only have one. I can't have one without the other, and getting rid of them would be disrespectful to the owner of them. I must have both!