27: Hungover Hearts

You're Still a Mystery by Bleachers

Aurora's heart thumped out of her chest as she scrambled off of Keenan. In her haste her hands and feet smacked into Keenan, jarring him awake.

"Aurora," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly against the morning sun. "What's going on?"

Aurora ignored him, focusing on shoving her pants on and reaching for her shirt with one hand. This couldn't be happening. She couldn't have. . . had sex with Keenan last night. But the ache between her legs told her differently. Memories slowly started to come back to her: the warmth of his body, the sound of his grunts, it was all too much for her to take. She pushed them away as they tried to resurface. She didn't want to remember a night that wasn't supposed to happen.

She had only had sex with one other person and that was Max, her loving and devoted boyfriend who was waiting for her phone call later that day.

"Oh shit," Keenan hissed, sitting up right. "Aurora. . ."

"Don't," she whispered weakly, opening the door and jumping out.

"Wait please," he pleaded, crawling on the seat after her.

"Keenan," she begged, holding up a hand while tears stung behind her eyes. "I made the biggest mistake of my life last night and I just. . . I would rather not talk about it at the moment. It's all too much." She yanked her shoes off the floor of his car quickly before slamming the door shut, briefly noticing the haunting look of shock and trouble mixed together on his face. She didn't care that she left her underwear, bra, socks, and jacket back with Keenan. She just so desperately wanted to get as far away from him as quickly as she could.

She couldn't believe that she let last night happen! She never thought it would but suddenly she's waking up next to a naked Keenan Lockhart? What was Max going to think? Would he ever forgive her?

She really didn't want to face any of the stares that anyone had to throw at her and in the back of her mind she was hoping that she could escape unseen. But unfortunately she was met with the sight of Alice, Willow, and Nora huddling around each other just around the bend of the road.

She cursed the day she was born when their conversation stopped and they turned their eyes on her.

"Don't tell me you slept with Keenan last night," Alice said, shaking her head in disappointment and assessing her clothes.

"I'm not stupid," her voice coming out weak; like a little kid who's been shamed by his parents for being caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

"Your pants are inside out," Alice pointed out, her lips quirked up in their usual way.

Aurora looked down and swore. Of course that would happen to her. When she looked back up her eyes automatically found Willow's and she was shocked to see the grunge girl with red puffy eyes. She knew she wasn't sick when she noticed the shine of wetness on her cheeks.

Before she could be caught in any drama she moved to go, wherever that may be, probably hell.

"Alright so I'm gonna go-"

"I think you need to hear this first," Alice spoke up, her eyes soft.

It was then that Aurora noticed that Alice's eyes were red as well. Were they all having a crying bash? Was that a thing in America?

"Look I don't-"

"It's about you," Alice stated, her eyes now turning cold and determined. "You need to hear it."

Aurora looked at the girls in confusion, Willow covered her face with her hands and began crying again, Nora tucked her hair behind her ear with a shaky hand and a wobbly lip. Alice waved her over into their circle of PMSing as if she was a gentle grandmother offering her cookies.