Missing

Hey guys I'm so sorry it's been this long. Thanks for all the comments and likes I really appreciate it. This isn't my best chapter so just bear with me...

37 weeks

Kensi sat on the couch rubbing her huge bump, all she could think about was Deeks, he'd been gone for nearly 3 weeks now and both the baby and herself missed him.
Braxton hicks contractions were part of her daily life now and we're constantly shocking her whenever they appeared. There had been little contact with Deeks, she got a letter in the mail last week briefly explaining the op he was running. At the bottom he had signed, PS love you pumpkin.
She hadn't shown up for work in 3 days and was surprised no one had come to check on her. They're probably busy with a case. Maybe I should go in and help.
She peeled herself of the couch and slowly drove her car to Ops. Waddling into the bullpen she was met with open arms and a chorus of 'you're so big now' and ' surprised you haven't popped already'.
Her slim figure seemed to accentuate the massive bump and made it seem even bigger.
She noticed Hetty calling her over and engaged in an uncomfortable yet heartwarming embrace with her boss.
" oh Kensi you're glowing do you know that?" Hetty pointed out, but behind  her joyous remark there was evidence of sadness which worried Kensi.
" how are you Hetty? Holding up ok without me?" Kensi tried to be as upbeat as possible.
"Sit with me Kensi." She slowly lowered herself into the chair opposite Hetty.
" Hetty is there something wrong?" Hetty took a few deep breaths and looked at Kensi, her eyes had a glossy sheen which could only be described as tears.
" Hetty? Please tell me what's wrong,
Oh my goodness is it Deeks?"
Kensi started to hyperventilate Deeks couldn't be dead he only wrote to me last week.
" No Kensi that's not it don't worry, I feel like I must get something of me chest, so to speak, and the only person I would feel comfortable saying this to is you." She looked tired and sad.
"Oh well whatever it is I'm sure I'll understand and I appreciate you feeling comfortable enough to share it."
Kensi braced herself for what was about to come.
" Over the past few months I'm sure you've noticed my short tempered towards you, it seems I have gone green with envy. I was always too focused on work to start a family, even though it was something I always dreamed of. Seeing you like this has sparked something inside me, jealousy is what they call it, I hope you can forgive me."
Kensi was speechless, how was one to respond to this?
" Emm" Kensi was confused, of course she had noticed it but always brushed it off never thinking there was something behind it.
"Emm? Is that all you can say?"
"No, of course not I'm just abit taken aback, i forgive you even thought it is petty. I'm sorry Hetty I know I don't understand it but I definitely feel for you. If it makes you feel any better both myself and Deeks would love for you to be the baby's grandmother? Only if you would like to be of course"
Tears were now visible in Hettys eyes.
"Oh Kensi yes I would love that."
They sat there for a while drinking tea and talking about anything and everything.

*************************************

39 weeks

Kensi lay in an unfamiliar bed, in an unfamiliar room in Callens house. The team had become worried that she might go into labour soon and didn't want her to be alone when it started.
They took turns Sam watched  her on the weekends, Callen the next 2 days,Eric the next two and so on.
Tonight though felt different. The baby had dropped down in the past few days and she could really feel it. Sleep was hard to come by and on the rare occasion she feel asleep she would wake to full bladder. She was alone in the bed and stretched out in search of warmth, God she missed Deeks.

Morning came and Callen headed off to work. Kensi made herself toast and turned on his TV, waiting for him to return was painstakingly boring.

6 o'clock came and the sound of keys in the door was music to Kensis ears. She got up off the chair and greeted Callen at the door. Just as she reached for a hug she felt a 'pop' inside her and a gush of warm liquid run down the inside of her leg.
"Kens what was that?"Callen sounded alarmed
"My water just broke"

Ohh cliffhanger. Sorry guys I really wanted to keep you on edge for this one. Thanks so much all the positive feed back hope you enjoyed this one. I will write agai as soon as I can!
Xxc