Chapter 6: Assigned Seats... Um! I'm Not in KINDERGARTEN!

Start from the beginning

Of course I never heard of the place. But I climbed quickly out the bed after she had left the door. I darted over to the dresser, was I late? What time did the school start? How was I going to find my way around? New people. I signed and my eyes went over to the closet full of new and fashion clothes.

I shook my head and opened the compartments of my dresser. I choose a navy blue plain hoodie, a blue tank top, and then some black jeans with my black sneakers.

Hurriedly, I took a shower and put on some clear lip-gloss. I left out the bathroom in back into my room, looking at my fuzzy and out of control hair. I brushed through it and it went back straight but not a silky as it was before. I shrugged at the puffiness of it.

Then I was out the room and down the steps towards the kitchen. The smell of pancakes making my feet move even faster. His wife was at the oven, flicking her wrist and pancakes flying in the air before landing perfectly back into the flying pan.

I noticed a plate already ready at the end of the seat, two pancakes, eggs, and two pieces of bacon. Even with a glass of orange juice.

"Go ahead, that one's yours."

I nodded before I sat down, my hungry stomach growling for food. I dug into the food like it was going to be the last thing I was ever going to eat in the whole world. I was finished in less than ten minutes.

I burped before saying, "Thank you."

I jumped out of my seat and made my way for the front door. My father was standing by it, holding out a brand new book bag. I took it and my arm almost dropped to the Earth's core.

I hustled it up to my shoulders and asked, "What the he-- Uh. What's in this thing?"

He raised an eyebrow up at me and said, "Your textbooks, folders, notebooks, pencils, and pens. You have to be at school everyday by 7:45am and be home by 3:30pm unless you have plans than call me to verify it. Have fun and enjoy high school."

He opened the door and gestured for me to walk out, I glanced down by the doorframe and noticed that something was wrong.

"I don't know how to get there." I stated, staring at him.

Smirking he said, "The bus stop you saw on your way to McDonald's. The bus will be there at precisely 7:25am and will get you to school on time. Now I'll hurry if I was you, it's 7:22."

I gasped and ran up the stairs, two steps at a time and grabbed my new skateboard that had rightfully belonged to a boy named Ryan. I jetted back down the stairs, throwing the skateboard down, causing the sound to echo in the house. I bit on my bottom lip as I jetted down the hallway on my skateboard and out the open door, past my yelling father.

He was saying something about not riding in the house. Oops. Well, too late now.

I jumped the stairs and pushed my foot quickly down the sidewalk. I made it to the bus stop just in time, as the doors were about to close. I slipped inside, my skateboard underneath my arm.

Everyone was already sitting and people was glaring at me and my hair as I went down the aisles looking for an open seat, which it seemed like there was none. That is until I noticed one, next to a boy who was talking to people in the seats in front and behind him. I pulled my hood over my head and popped down next to him.

Instantly there was a silence that only said, 'You aren't welcome here.' I ignored it and placed my book bag in the aisle next to me and then I put my skateboard on my lap.

That's when the boy said, "You're that awesome skating girl, Blazing Pink."

"Blazing Pink?" I wrinkled my nose at the ugly name.