5 | unravel this mystery

Start from the beginning

Cautiously, I had followed him and hid away from his sight in a place where I was able to see everything.

I had to watch as he had grabbed my mother's arm forcefully before turning her towards him. Never, will I ever forget the look on my moms face as he drew his arm back and threw his fist forcefully into her cheek with so much force that even I had flinched back in fear.

After that, he had stormed out of the room and I went to make sure she was okay even though I knew she wasn't. That was the day, when I was six, that I swore to never hit a girl and to always protect my mom from anything, especially him.

He never laid a hand on her again and never laid a hand on Izzy when she was born either because he didn't need something to break anymore when he broke me every damn day.

I protected my mom and sister by becoming his punching bag and I'd do it all over again if it meant keeping the girls I love safe.

He trained me for the gang in the most robust ways he thought possible, even at such a young age. He made me who I am today. My mom may not be able to hate him, but I sure can and I don't plan to ever stop.

Since he was leader of The Bronze Demons, his position automatically went to me. I became a gang leader at seventeen, but luckily he taught me how before he passed. Being tough on me worked for something, at least.

Due to the fact that I was just being thrown into this world as a young gang leader, my best friends dad helped me out because he was the second in command and knew how to handle everything. It took a few months before I eventually got the hang of it all and he also passed his job down to his son, Reece.

That was last year and now I'm eighteen. I couldn't have survived during that time if it wasn't for my two best friends: Reece DeTerio and Carson Jones who were the only ones keeping me sane when everything was out of control.

Running a gang at such a young age is definitely hard and it calls for more enemies as they see you as weak. Luckily for me, not many people know of my fathers' death...

My gang is the second strongest in the state, behind The Royal Reapers gang and my best friends are in it too.

We all love to fight and race even though it's illegal, but then again so is most of the things we do.

I have been the undefeated champion for one year now at the bar called Blackfall, well not anymore since that fucking short newbie beat me.

"Hey, did you guys hear that some members of the The Royal Reapers are in town?" Asked Reece as we all sat down in my room.

"No, how did you find out?" I question, looking over at Reece.

"I heard a few of our guys saying that they saw some of them today around town." He shrugged.

"It's probably nothing, but they better not be coming over here often. It's our territory." I reply, checking the time.

"So, are we going to talk about that girl from last night?" Carson asked as he finally spoke.

"She was fucking hot, I know that for sure." They both nod their heads in agreement.

"I think that she's a goddamn good racer," says Reece as he looks over to Carson who seems to be in some kind of trance. "What do you think, bro?" Still no reply...

"Dude." Reece and I said at the same time and he finally snapped out of his thoughts when I kicked his shin.

"Fuck! What the hell was that for?" He asked, muttering profanities under his breath as he massaged the spot I kicked him in hopes to relieve some pain.