Chapter 2-Kindersilence

Kindergarden was hard for me. Kindergarden is the year where you are supposed to learn to talk a lot but every time I tried I couldn't. I froze up, I couldn't get the words out. The teacher thought I just didn't know the words but I knew them I knew how to say them, I could say them at home, but not here, not at school. Everyone at school kept trying to make me talk. The pressure to talk made my school year so much worse. Every day the only thing I heard was...

"Mackenzie talk"

"Why wont you talk"

"Please talk"

"Talk!"

"Don't be rude talk"

"Why are you so quiet"

Can everyone just shut up. I am trying so hard to talk but my brain wont let me. Every time someone pressured me to talk I could feel my tears build up and start to roll down my face. Then everyone expected me to tell them whats wrong idiots I couldn't talk before now I'm definitely not going to talk you made me cry. You have broke me so much to the point where I'm crying my glasses are soaked, its almost like your trying to hurt me. I cant see, so I take off my glasses to wipe them off on my shirt.

I cant see without my glasses, so all I saw was a small blob coming my way.

"You have beautiful eyes" the mysterious person said.

I had never heard that voice before but it sounded friendly, so I tried to whisper to the mysterious person and words actually came out i said "who are you?" And he heard me.

He took my glasses and put them on me "your voice is like an angel" he said

I blushed it was the kid that was different, he always sat alone in class and never hung-out with anyone.

"Im mackenzie whats your name?"

"My name is Marco and I understand that you know how to talk but you cant. Ive been watching you in class. You seem like your trying so hard that you are fighting yourself to talk. I don't know why you cant talk but I would love to help you and be your friend."

I smile and blush and I whispered to him again "I am selective mute. Thats why I cant talk."

I looked around and everyone was looking at me. They all know I can talk. They just saw me whisper to Marco. What am I going to do? They saw me. Now they and going to try more to make me talk. Cant they see I'm trying hard enough. Marco saw the worry on my face.

"Mackenzie, I can be your voice if you would like."

"Marco, what do you mean"

"You whisper to me and I will pass on the message. It will be like you are talking to them."

I started to smile. This is going to be a great friendship.