Sing To Me

I lean back and lay down on my bed. I touch my lips, remembering my first kiss, as a small smile crept onto my face.

A few minutes later, there is a soft knock on my door. I slowly get up, dreading the sight of Olly. I turn the knob, and open the door.

"Elena..." Olly says, a sad look covers his face.
My heart speeds up. Just him being here makes me nervous. I can't tell him about Sam. I can't bring myself to it.

"Hey Olly." I say, and force myself to wear a smile on my face.

"Are you okay? I mean, I know you like Sam a little but I didn't realize that you liked him this much..." Olly trails off, staring into space.

This surprised me so much that I didn't know what to say. I couldn't physically form the words in my mouth.

"I-uh, well, um, I...ahh, ugh, what?" Is all I could manage.

"You've told me this before. In art class. You said that him and you always had a slight 'thing' at school, but then again he flirted with every girl there.  You told me that you liked him, at a time. I just didn't know how you felt about him now."

"No, no. I don't like Sam. He means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever. And, it was hardly a "thing"." My throat feels like it's swollen, the lie too big that it couldn't fully escape my lungs.

"Okay, that's all I needed to hear." Olly tells me, embracing me in a tight hug. I hug him back, but feel a surge of guilt in the pit of my stomach. I feel like puking, but I swallow my bile back down.

"Okay love, I'm gonna go back to my room. Remember, tomorrow is Wednesday, two more days until, "Free Friday", so we can go on our date." He almost squeals like a little girl. He turns to leave but I grab his hand.

"No... c-could you maybe... um... stay with me?" I ask feeling helpless.

A wide smile creeps on to his face.
"Anything for you." He tells me.

Olly takes my hand gently and pulls me onto the bed. We get under the covers and just lay there. He pulls me close into his chest and we sleep. We sleep together in the most innocent way possible. I couldn't feel more safe.

***

I open my eyes to see that I had rolled over to face the other side when I had slept. I turn around to face Olly. I quickly realized that it wasn't Olly in my bed with me.

It was Sam.

I scrambled out of the sheets looking for Olly and why he left me. Sam got up after me and hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe. This was torture. I wanted him to let me go. I need him to let me go.

"Olly! Olly!" I scream desperate.

What was going on with Sam? Why is he acting so weird?

All of the sudden, Olly ran through the door, grabbing Sam by his shirt collar and pulling him off of me in the most force full way possible. Olly began punching Sam, beating him to the ground. Sam wasn't totally defeated though. Both boys were punching each other so hard that they were both bleeding.

Olly was obviously winning, and Sam seemed like he was about to quit.
"No! Olly stop!" I scream trying to pull Olly off of Sam. "Olly you're gonna kill him!"

Olly completely ignored my requested and kept beating Sam.

"NO STOP I LOVE SAM PLEASE!" I scream.

Then, silence. Absolute silence. Olly turned around slowly to look at me. Sam, laying almost lifeless on the floor, even looked up at me. Both boys were completely shocked.

I fall down on my knees and sob, unable to control myself at all.

***

All the sudden, I feel shaking.
"Elena, Elena! Wake up!"

I slowly open my eyes to see Olly right in front of me. I sit up immediately, checking my surroundings. I reach up and touch my face, and feel wetness. I've been crying.

Olly grabs my face and turns it towards him.
"Elena are you okay?" he asks me in a very worried tone.

I nod my head slowly, looking around at the pool of sweat around me. Then I break down in tears, unable to uphold my lie. I'm not okay. I don't know what to do. I need someone. I need Olly.

He pulls me into a big hug, kissing my head while rubbing my back. I cry even more into his shoulder.

He gasps a bit, like he just got an idea.
He pulls me into his lap. Then, unexpectedly, he begins to sing. He rocks me back and fourth while singing to me like a child. And actually, it worked. I immediately began to calm down. His voice is so soothing, it was amazing.

After a few minutes of calming down, I breathe out.

"Olly?"
"Yes Elena?"

"Sing to me more often, please? It can make the most gray and thundery skies, into sunshine." I say, trying to express how his voice made me feel.

"Oh... I-I don't know." He begins to stutter.

"Oh c'mon. Please?" I ask him, giving him puppy dog face.

"Oh alright." He sighs and I squeal like a little girl.

I wonder if this is what love feels like.

***