His Room

I walk into my room and set down my bags. Apparently I'll have a room all to myself, since no one is in here. I unpack, which takes forever, then I comb my hair and brush my teeth. I attempt to put on some makeup, but after the 3rd try of getting perfect winged eyeliner, I give up and wipe everything off, deciding to go natural. Then I change my clothes (picture). After I was all ready I walked over to Olly's room.

I take a deep breath and knocked on the door. He answered right away.

"Woah." he says with his mouth hanging open.
I blush and look down.
"You look absolutely beautiful."

"Thank you." He was wearing a hoodie and some shorts. Even when he's casual, he looked great.

"You look...cute." I say.
"Thank you." He runs his hand through his messy hair and I giggle.

"You wanna come in? Or you just wanna hang out in the door way?" He says, I laugh and walk in behind him. We go to sit on his bed and don't talk for a while. I scan his bedroom, it's just like mine. As I'm looking around, I feel him looking at me as if he thinks that I'm not paying attention.

"I'm glad you came." He finally says.
"Yeah me too." I say.

"So, Elena... hmm. Elenaaa." He drags out my name as if he's pondering it. "Do you have a nickname? Or do people just call you Elena."

"I don't think so. My whole life people have just called me Elena. Nothing special." I shrug.

"Hmm. Well, that's going to change."

"Really? How's that?" I say.

"I'm going to give you a nickname."

"Alright. Go ahead." I give a small laugh.

"So, El," he emphasizes the new nickname, "Have you been to this camp before?" He asks.

"Once, when I was 9. It's  been 8 years, so I don't remember." I say.

"So we are the same age." He says.
"Seeing as we're in the same grade, I would hope so."  I say and he gives a little nervous laugh.

It was easy to tell that he was nervous. Was it because I'm weird? Do I smell? Am I that ugly? God, why am I so nervous too?

"So, you know about the classes we have to do, then the fun stuff, then our Free Friday's?" He says.

"Actually no." I say.

"Oh, well, starting tomorrow, we have to take an art class, a geography class to learn about Cali, then a history class on Cali. It should be fun...hopefully. And for our fun things, it's like going to Disney Land, the beach, ect. For free Friday's, we get to go anywhere we want, by ourselves. They give us a car to drive, since we don't have our own. Which is always fun." He says.

"Then next month, we take a big bus and drive to Colorado. We go camping, zip-lining, horse back riding, swimming in the rivers even though it's super cold, and more stuff." he says.

"Oh wow, that's cool. I'm so excited for everything, everyone here seems so nice and cool." I say.

"Yeah, it's my favorite camp." Olly says.
"I bet." I say.

We sit there for a while in the silence, I look at him, and he looks back at me. He looked like he was staring into my soul, in an admiring kind of way. Still, its weird. I can't look at him any longer, so I look down and play with my hands.

"Well I think we should go to dinner now. It's 7:30 p.m, shouldn't there be s'mores later?" I ask.

"Yeah, always on the first night. They cook them in the fire pit by the pool." He says.

"Oh cool, let's go."

We walk down the halls together. He tries to reach for my hand, but I act like I don't see and scratch my head.

"So do you know where the dining hall is?" I ask.

"Uh, not really sure. We haven't stayed in this hotel before." He smiles, "It will be an adventure, our adventure, through out this hotel."

"Uh I don't know..." I say with doubt.

"Oh come on, it'll be fun! Please.." He makes a pouty face, and my heart melts.

"Okay fine, but if we get lost, it's your fault." I say.

He laughs,"Fine." He grabs my hand this time, and we run down the halls together.

***