Chapter 2: Surprises

Picture of Reno -------------------------------------->

Kyles POV

"Okay, today is the day that I tell Marie that I am sorry for rejecting her." I smiled as I walked to her house, she only lived a couple of blocks away, so I didn't want to drive my car.

I'm sure she'll be grateful that I changed my mind.

I started jogging to her house, since I had only a couple of more steps to go. When I reached the door, I stopped. I was contemplating what I was going to say to her, when I saw her and how her brothers and parents were going to take this news. I guess I will have to get used to how people will think of me with her, but first things first.

I rang the door ball and stood there nervously waiting.

This is going to be hell. I groaned.

Renos POV

I wander where Marie is. She's been gone for the whole day and me and the family are starting to get worried especially dad.

She might be at the door, but that would be weird of her to knock since she lives here.

I ran down the stairs four at a time. l almost missed the last step. 'Have be careful next time.' I thought as I straightened myself up.

Since the front door wasn't that far I didn't bother rushing, what would be the point. When I finally got to the door, I opened it revealing Kyle, my best friend.

"Hey man! What's up! Haven't seen you in a while." I said smiling. We pulled each other in a manly hug and did our bro handshake.

"You know the same ol' thing." He said winking.

I laughed, "Kyle my man! What are we going to do with you!"

He chuckled. "Same question goes to you."

I shrugged.

"I can't wait till you get a mate to tie you down and stop your players way, you know someday you will end up breaking some poor girls heart." I said narrowing my eyes playfully.

Something flashed across his face, but it was quickly gone, before I could detect the emotion.

"I should be telling you this." He smirks.

"Ha-ha." I laughed sarcastically.

"At least I acknowledge it." I smirked back crossing my arms.

"So, man what are you doing here?"

"Is Marie here?" He seemed nervous.

"No." I frown. "We haven't seen her for the whole day. I wonder why since she's usually here." I shake my worries away. "Anyways why would you of all people be looking for her?"

Wow this is weird. I get they used to be best friends, before we were, but it was strange that he was asking about her, when he normally didn't acknowledge her presence.

"Oh." He said. "And what do you mean man, me and her use to be best friends, so why not." He said mock punching my shoulder.

I looked at him inquisitively. "Sure." I dragged the word out.

After he became interested in girls, especially since they started noticing him, he started hanging out with my brother Zane and I, till he slowly separated from her completely.

"So, you haven't talked to her at all today?" I asked.

"Well no, but well you see, um. Wait did you say that you haven't seen her today? Did you see her yesterday?" He asks quickly.

"Um no. I was on a date if you know what I mean." I smiled cockily. "Carmen man! That girl knows her way around things, if you know what I mean."

"Oh yeah man! Been there done that." He laughed then shrugged.

'Figures, well damn Carmen from the block I see.' I thought.

Kyle and I always ended up with the same girls or switched, so it wasn't a big deal.

"Anyways Marie told us when she was leaving the house on Wednesday, that she found her mate and she was going to go talk to him. Someone to take her out of this hell or something like that." I said rolling my eyes.

"You know, I bet his a loser to." I laughed out loud, but Kyle glared, before letting out a small nervous chuckle.

I didn't notice before, but he looked nervous.

"You okay bro?" I asked concerned.

"So, she wasn't in yesterday either?" He whispered to himself ignoring my question, but I heard since I had werewolf hearing.

"What's wrong man?"

"Shit!" He said looking worried, which settled me, since he never liked her and made fun of her more then Zane and I.

"Dude what's wron-" I didn't get to finish, because he started pacing.

Now I'm worried. I uncrossed my arms.

"Dude what's wrong man?" I asked louder throwing my hands up. I was even more concerned.

"Shit man I did a very bad thing." He said with tears in his eyes.

What the fuck? He barely ever cried.

"Calm down Kyle. What did you do? Is it about Marie" I stopped him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

This wouldn't be a big deal since he always made fun of Marie, but if he hurt her, more than usual, I was going to kick his ass. I know that I always make fun of Marie, but it's what brothers do. I would never let anybody, and I mean, anybody hurt my baby sister. I cringed. Well too much.

"It's bad." He said

I started to get angry.

"What is it Kyle?" I made him sit down with me on the stairs outside.

He started shaking.

"Shit man, relax! Don't go wolf on me now." I said. "Take deep breaths. Come on, breath in and out. He took deep breaths till he wasn't shaking as much.

"And yes, it's about Marie and I think she ran away." He whispered.

"WHAT!!" I said jumping up. "Why would she run away?" I yelled. Shit dad was going to go ballistic!

"It's about her mate and how he rejected her."

I would probably run away if my mate rejected me and everybody treated me like crap. So, she must have done that since she hasn't been seen for two days. I didn't think she would be brave enough though.

Crap.

Then I realized something, before he could say the words everything caught up to me. How would he know all of this unless...?

"I'm her mate and I rejected her." He said looking me straight in the eyes.

I stood frozen in shock, before I pulled my fist back and punched him straight in the face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK TO FULL BOOK: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083W1V5LG

Authors NOTE

>Soooo What did you think?? LiKEY? OR NO LIKEY??

Ahhhhh feels nice to write again!! Check out my new story "Insatiable" about a kick ass baddie spy!! I would love the support!