16. The Trouble With Love

Morning came fast. Severus was up and ready to go. Thea got up early too. Both of them were excited about brewing potions. It had been a long time. Thea fixed breakfast, they ate, then she took Severus's hand in her own.

"I'm going to lead you into my Dungeon."

The corner of his mouth lifted. "Take me away."

Thea turned away from him, color flooding her cheeks. She led him into her bedroom and walked over to the left side of the bed. She lifted up the rug lying there to reveal a smooth service. Severus watched her curiously. With a wave of her wand, a door appeared, along with a handle. He was impressed. He had his own manner of concealing things in his home in Spinner's End. He was surprised that she did too. They seem to find more and more things they had in common everyday. He would have never imagined she was a mistress of Potions.

Thea reached down and grabbed the doorknob and yanked it open to reveal a winding stone staircase. It looked a lot like the ones at Hogwarts. She led him down and her bedroom disappeared from their sight.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs, Severus was in awe. It was beautiful. Everything from the tables to the shelves were made of stone. Glass jars of ingredients lined one wall and empty vials lined the other. He had never seen anything this extensive. It was bigger than his stores at Hogwarts.

"I bought most of the ingredients myself for some of the more complicated potions I taught my students, so when I resigned, I brought them all home with me," Thea revealed. "What do you think?"

"I think it's brilliant," Severus said breathlessly. "Absolutely fantastic."

"It is amazing, I have to say." Thea finally let go of his hand and practically skipped to the middle of the spacious room. "So, what do you want to brew first."

Severus couldn't help but smile. It had been so long since he'd been able to brew a potion. "Anything will do. We'll make it together."

"That's a deal. I know just the one." She walked around the room, gathering ingredients. Severus smirked as he watched her. He knew exactly what potion she was going to make. It was an antidote for poison. "This one is simple and one of my favorites to brew."

"Mine too."

Thea grabbed a cauldron and sat it over her burner. "You want to start, or me?"

"Together," he said.

Thea and Severus circled the table and came to rest on one side. They stood side by side and took turns adding and preparing ingredients. Thea paid special attention to the way Severus was doing things. She had never seen him so at ease. He must love to brew potions as much as she did.

When all the ingredients were in, and the potion had to brew for a little bit, they stood there, their eyes locked on one anther.

"You have a unique way of doing things," Thea commented. "I've never seen anyone crush ingredients when you're supposed to cut."

Again, the corner of his mouth lifted. "I've never followed rules. If you crush some ingredients, especially if you need the juice, it works better."

Thea was amazed. He was a natural. "I'll have to remember that."

He took a step closer to her, his heart beating wildly. For some reason, he was really aware of Thea right now, the way she tucked her hair behind her ear when she was concentrating, and the way she wrinkled her nose slightly when she laughed. It was endearing. Right now, in this room, he was extremely attracted to her.