8. Rebuilding Hogwarts

The moment Thea and Harry returned to her house, they knew that there was no one there. Once Thea stepped inside, it looked like no one had ever been there at all. Harry took a quick look around to make sure they were completely alone.

"That's it," he told her as he walked back into the living room. "There's no one here. They've taken care of everything."

Thea smiled, relieved. "Good. I hate having to lie, but I'm willing to do it to protect Severus."

"Why is that?"

Thea stared at him, her smile fading. "What do you mean?"

"Why are you so keen to protect him? The two of you only met days ago. Right?"

"That's right."

Harry scratched his head. "I never asked. I wondered, but I-"

"It's okay." Thea took a deep breath. Should she tell him? Severus hadn't reacted too badly. Maybe he wouldn't either. This was so unlike her, revealing her secret twice in just a few days. "I have a gift, Harry. I can see things by touching, a person's whole life up until the time I use my power on them. I saw Severus's life, what he'd been through, the people he knew, and I could feel what he felt the entire time."

He stared at her, unsure of what to say. He had never heard of anything like that in his life. "Wow."

"I saw his life like a movie in my head when he collapsed in front of me. I knew I had to help him if I could. He's a hero."

Harry smiled. Finally, someone thought of him the way he now did. "Yes he is. Now if we can only get him to see that."

"That's not possible. He's stubborn."

He chuckled. "You do know him." He cleared his throat. "He's waiting at Hogwarts. I suppose I should go. Thank you for doing this for him, Thea. For giving him shelter and nursing him back to health. I know it was bad. I thought he was dead."

"I know. I saw you and your friends there with him when he was dying."

Harry shook his head. "I still don't know why he didn't tell me he was alive. I could have helped him."

"Honestly, Harry, I don't think he thinks he deserves it. Even now, he fights with me about caring for him."

"That's Professor Snape for you." Harry adjusted his glasses. "I'm going to go find him, and tell him that he can come back. You guys will just have to be on high alert, okay? Protection charms and diligence."

"I will keep him safe," Thea promised.

Harry smiled gratefully. "Would you like to come with me?"

Thea's eyes met his. She had never met anyone with eyes so green. "Where?"

"To get Severus? I figured you might like to see Hogwarts. It's a bit full of debris right now, but I've been working tirelessly to rectify that."

Thea frowned. "By yourself?"

He averted her eyes. "Yes. The battle was because of me. I feel responsible for what happened. It's only fair that I rebuild it."

"I would love to see the place where Severus used to teach. I saw a lot of the school in his life memories. It would be great to be able to see it on person."

Harry grinned and outstretched his hand. "Hold onto me and we'll apparate together."

Thea gladly put her hand in his. She had never been to Hogwarts, so she could hardly picture its location clearly in her mind. "I'm ready."