(Draco Malfoy - Golden Trio Era)

(Draco Malfoy – Golden Trio Era)

145. It is not necessary to yell “Burn!” every time Snape takes points from Gryffindor.

Draco Malfoy was in an exceptionally good mood. His father had informed him that he had recently sent in an order for a Firebolt 360 broom, the newest and fastest out there, his mother had sent an unusually large amount of sweets from home and Snape, his favourite Professor, was currently picking more than ever on the Gryffindor, due to the Quidditch cup they had won just days previous. Life was good.

“Five points from Gryffindor for helping Mr Longbottom, Miss Granger, he is a fifth year, now, he is more than able to perform his own potion,” the greasy haired Professor snarled, and then jumped as a yell was heard from the back of the room.

“Ha, burn!” Draco was gleeful now. If he had calculated rightly, this was the fiftieth point he had taken of the house. There was no way Gryffindor was going to win the house cup now.

Snape spared his students a fleeting but worrying glance as he passed him, overlooking the interruption that had sounded by Draco. The reason he was worried was that Draco Malfoy had the tendency to act out of character whenever he was in a good mood, such as yelling out in class.

Snape turned around in time to find Miss Granger once again aiding the incompetent boy known as Neville Longbottom.

“Miss Granger, if you keep failing to follow my instruction I will be forced to give you a detention. Ten points from Gryffindor”

Double burn!” was, again, heard from the back of the room, followed by a hysterically giggling Malfoy. Sixty points! They were defiantly out of the running this time!

“Mr Malfoy, enough of this calling out,” Snape informed him sternly, but Draco wasn’t listening. He was too busy watching a shaking Neville add a pine needle to his potion. If I’m right, and I usually am, he thought to himself, then adding that pine needle is going to –

BANG! The sound was booming, echoing around the room as green smoke smothered the students. After five minutes the smoke finally cleared and Snape caught a glance at the boy who had caused the explosion, who was sitting in a huddle under his desk.

“Miss Granger! Why did you not stop him from putting that ingredient in the potion? I expect better of you, fifty points from Gryffindor!”

BURN!”