Chapter Six

• Second to last chapter •

***TIFFANI POV***

After pacing outside the studio for a good 10 minutes, I finally spotted Cara casually making her way into the car park. I didnt bother waiting up for her, popping the lock to my car and hopping in. Shortly after, she popped in as well and sighed.

"Come on Tif, you cant stay angry at me forever." Cara complained as I backed out of the parking space, trying to keep my focus on the roads ahead. I just couldnt believe the deal Cara just dragged me into. A deal may I remind you concerned me, in some fancy clothes, taking pictures at a party hosted by One Direction. Others might find this the opportunity of a life time, but yet again, I was pissed.

Cara doesnt know about what happened with Harry and I and frankly I was never planing on ever telling her because she would just freak out or yell at me for leaving him. She was a huge Directioner and I knew this information would make her go completly berserk. However, given the look of things and a clever plan I had just come up with to get me out of this sticky situation, I kind of had to tell her.

"Do you want to know why I'm angry at you?" I asked Cara, putting pressure on the brakes as we approached a pedestrian crossing.

She quickly spun in her seat, eyes wide as an owls.

"Yes!" She squeaked curiously, probably more interested in the gossip I was about to tell her rather than the fact I wasnt going to hold a grude towards her.

I huffed out a deep breath and put on my best sad story face I could.

"Harry and I have a past," I said carefully, watching her eyes widen by the second. I wasnt sure how she was going to react, but the reaction I was getting so far was not satisfying at all. She simply stared at me impatiently, waiting to hear more of our past. Sadly for her though, I was not in a story telling mood.

"It ended bad and I kind of left him- he's the reason I moved here from England. I never planed on seeing him in person again and dont really feel the need to 'reconnect'." I put little quotation marks around the word reconnect because that's exactly how I felt today when I saw him. Feelings that had been stored away for months suddenly surfaced again, and very, very strong ones at that. Except I wasnt goint to admit that to her. Or anybody.

"Oh, that's what he meant by-" Cara's voice trailed off as she noticed me looking at her funny.

"What who meant?" I sharply asked.

"Nothing, nevermind."

Cara laid back in her seat in silence. The green light flashed in front of me, allowing me to accelerate down the block. My mouth turned dry as Cara turned quiet again- something really rare to happen around her.

"If you ended things bad with Harry," Cara's voice suddenly broke through the unbearable silence. "You kind of need to fix it. It's never wise to leave things broken. It's always best to fix it and then see if it still works."

"But I dont want it to work, Cara." I argued, making a sharp turn around the corner I always seemed to miscalcuate. "I'm done with Harry, I've totally moved on. Which is why I find it unprofessional to go to this cocktail party as their personal photographer. Please go for me instead."

She seemed to slowly process the information I was handing her, probably out of disbelief and acceptance. I waited for her to respond, groaning silently at the dramatic effect I felt being put on my shoulders.

"No," She finally announced, quickly glimpsing over at me. "You have to settle things with Harry, whether it happens tonight or two months from now. I'm not letting you ruin your chance at fixing what ever happened just because you're scared of your past."