Chapter Four

***TIFFANI POV***

"So let's get this started, shall we?"

Mark cheerfully clasped his hands together as he walked past me. Even with my back still turned I felt 5 pairs of eyes on me. I didn't know whether to turn around or run because at this point my brain had turned to mush and my body had gone numb. 

But a sudden urgency flooded my senses. I wanted to turn around. I wanted to look them in the eye because I was not afraid any more. Over 6 months, I had changed and moved on. So if this was seriously happening, I was just going to have to be very mature and diplomatic towards them. 

As for after work, we'll see what happens. 

Still with out turning around, I managed to get my camera equiptment set up and ready. I heard the boys behind me talking and laughing but everytime their voices lowered, I just knew they were talking about me. Mark was pacing around the hall, mumbing words into his mobile and looking some what upset. I cursed under my breath as a sharp end of my equpitment cut the palm of my hand. I quickly put pressure on it and continued working.

It was at that very moment when I noticed a shadow hover over me. I ignored it at first, not really thinking much of it. It could have been a bulb misfunction or something blocking the light. 

But as soon as a hand was placed on my shoulder, I knew. There was no hesitation in my decision to turn around and look him straight in the eyes. They were the same colour as I recalled, except much lighter. Something generally warm was being emitted, and the longer I innocently stared, I realised it had to be coming from him. 

Before either of us could say a word, the rational part of my brain started kicking in. He was the reason why I left London in the first place. He was the reason for so much of my confusion and sleep less nights for months. Now here we both are again, him giving me that look and me stupidly buying it. But not any more. If he thought he could show up here and believe everything was cool between us, he thought wrong.

Very, very wrong.

***FLASH BACK TO 6 MONTHS AGO***

I was currently at the mall, doing just some basic shopping. There were sales every where and I was running in and out of every store it seemed. I had gone by myself because Harry didnt want me to hang out with any of my friends. He thought they were a bad influence on me, so now I'm not allowed to see them.

My wrist watched beeped once as I watched the hands strike 12. I was supposed to go outside and wait for Harry to pick me up now, but I still hadnt even hit my favourite boutique. I chewed my lip nervously, but decided to rebel a little bit. I would only peek inside for a few minutes, thats all. Five or ten minutes top. 

~30 minutes later~

I was now jogging down the halls to find the nearest exit. It was like a time warp in there. People were giving me mean stares as I bull dozed my way through them. As my feet slid across the floor on a curve, I ran into someone hard. I felt my body begin to tip over - and I would have too if it werent for the other persons incredible speed. 

His hand gripped mine and hauled me up. 

"Thanks." I said, brushing my jacket swiftly. I was about to carry own walking but as I turned around I noticed who I had run into. 

My grip tightened around my knuckles in my pockets as I walked over to him. His expression was hard as I stopped infront of him.

"Where were you?" He asked tightly, staring down at me from his towering height. 

I felt my body stiffen uncomfortably. 

"I was just-" He didn't even let me finish my sentence when I felt his hand grab mine. My eyes looked down at his hand that had completely trapped mine inside his. He'd occasionally squeez it, causing me to jump slightly as we walked but I learned it was only an impulse he did to make sure I was still there.