Chapter 9

HOPE'S POV

It's been weeks I try to gain her attention. By her I mean Bella. She's such a headstrong girl! This is the first time I met a girl who hates diamonds. I mean a diamond is a girl Best Friend right. I sighed. Currently, I'm in class. Mrs. Brown was too engrossed in teaching us about Julius Caesar. I'm over Julius. I spent months in Rome. They think my moms let me stayed oversea so Long without studying? Hell no. I'm not that lucky.

"Miss Larove. Explain to the class, who is Julius Caesar." Mrs. Brown said. I sighed and stood up. "Julius Caesar was a Roman Statesman, general and notable author of Latin prose. He played a critical role in the events that led to the demise of the Roman Republic and the rise of the Roman Empire." "Oh and the person who had sex with Cleopatra, the ruler of Egypt." I quickly added. The class erupted in laughter. "Thank you, Miss Larove. For that..... Informative extra information." I saluted her and smiled.

*bells ring*

"Okay, class. That's the end of today's lesson. You all should go to the gym now." I looked at Zara. "Dude, what's happening in the gym?" "Pep rally. Duh! Come on. I need to see my baby in action." Ahhhhh.. No wonder those two not in class. "So Bella leading them this year huh," I said to no one in particular. Zara and I walk towards the gym. All the bleachers were occupied by students. Zara and I took a seat on the third row.

"Look. My woman is walking in now." I look up to see Tina in her uniform. Then I saw Bella on hers, walked with power and her usual bitchface. "Wow." Is all I can say when I saw her. Bella is truly the definition of beauty. "Stop drooling. Your mom is watching." I searched for Mommy. I waved at her when I noticed her gaze on me. I smile sheepishly.

(Missy Elliot - Pep Rally started to play)

Mommy starts to walk to the middle of the gym. The guys whistled at how she walk. I must say I'm quite proud to come out from her. I smiled thinking about it. "Why are you smiling like a mad woman?" "I was just thinking how amazing my mom look." Zara nodded. "Your Mom truly a goddess. 2 kids, yet she still looks like a supermodel." "Yup! I'm a proud Daughter." We both laughed.

Mommy talks about stuff I don't even care. My attention focuses of Bella who talks animatedly with the cheer squad. After Mommy finished her speech, she nodded at my Bella. Bella and her squad get in position. "5, 6, 7, 8!!!!" Bella's voice echoing in the gym. Full of power and energy. The music starts to play and instantly a girl was thrown up in the air. A few times I have to hold my breath and pray Bella will stick the landing.

The cheer was flawlessly design. The cheer squad really pumped everyone's spirit in the gym including my best friend here. Well, she is the captain of the girls Soccer team. "To think they have to work again after this." Zara sighed. "They do?" Zara nodded. "But I will send and pick them up." "Why?" Zara took a bite of her burger. When did she.... I don't want to know.

"Some guy ask Bella out and threatened her because she said no." "What?" Zara's eyes widen and quickly turn to face me. "Shit. You're not supposed to know about that." I grabbed Zara's hand. "Tell me what happen now!" I grimly said. She must know by now not to lied to me when I'm serious.

"Relax. She will be okay." "I said what happen, Zara, before I make a scene again you better start telling me." "The guy's name is Jason. Tina said he threatened Bella after she said no to him when he asks her to go on a date with him." Jason? Her co-worker? "Hope, I know that face. Don't. Don't let your daddy know about this." I didn't say anything.

I looked at Bella who is now standing at the corner, drinking her water bottle. I smiled at her. She smiled back. But that smiled go as fast as I say wow. She just beautiful. So beautiful. Now I know. I love her. It's not liking anymore. It's love......