Chapter 6

THIRD PERSON POV

Larissa stared at the students with rage. Being the principal, she had to manage to stay composed and not let her anger get in the way of her rational thinking.

Her eyes focused in on her surroundings. Gregory, captain of the football team; Allison, captain of the girls volleyball team; Bella and Tina, the cheerleaders' captain and co-captain; Zara, the girls' soccer team captain, and her daughter Hope.

She looked passed Hope and her eyes landed on Damien holding an ice pack to his side.

"Nice office Mrs. Larove." Gregory  said to try to make conversation.

"Thank you." Larissa responded. Hope watched as her mother took a deep breath. She knew her mother well enough to know that nothing will end well for her today.

"Hope. Why did you kick Mr. Sanchez?" Larissa asked. Hope glanced up to her mother.

"He was commenting about how he would like to taste the cheer captain's you know what."

"Not true!" Damien protested.

"SILENCE!" They both flinched from Larissa's sudden outburst.

"Is this true Zara?" Zara looked up and nodded.

"Words. Use words."

"Yes. It's true ma'am."

"Ma'am, I know Damien. He has impregnated a lot of girls. I'm on Hope's side this time. He needs to be taught a lesson or two." Gregory stated. Bella, Tina, and Allison looked at him in surprise.

"I will be asking your parents to come and meet with me, Mr. Sanchez. And Hope, detention for one week. I'm highly disappointed in you Hope. I taught you better than to use violence to solve a problem." Larissa said.

Hope looked up to see her mother's heartbreaking expression. She'd never see her mother so disappointed in her life.

Bella looked at Hope. She felt a tug on her heart. She wanted to apologize. After all, Hope acted that way because she was defending her honor. She never thought the principal would give detention to her own kid.

"You all may go." They all turned to the door and headed out. Hope turned to go after apologizing to her mother.

"You okay?" Zara asked Hope who could only nod.

"She's disappointed in me. I've never seen her that upset in me before." Hope mumbled.

Bella and Tina roamed the hallways, making their way to the girl's locker room. They left the two friends who would wait for them.

"Bella, I think you should apologize. She's in trouble partially because of you." Bella turned her head to face Tina .

"Excuse me? I didn't ask her to kick Damien." Tina stood in front of her.

"Bella, she called you her Bella. Think about it." Tina gave her a small smile, going inside the shower. Bella sighed softly before heading to an empty shower stall.

Her mind wandered to the events that transpired. She grinned at the thought that there was someone who cares about her well being...

HOPE'S POV

I just made mom sad. Oh God. Daddy will kill me when I get home. I glanced at the time. It was 4:00 p. m. and I was feeling kind of hungry.

"Hey Zara, let's go to somewhere to eat. I'm hungry, my treat." I said. 

"Great. We can ask the girls as well. Double date baby." I chuckled. I'll deal with my parents later, now I just want to eat.