December 12, 2015

#17 December 12, 2015

Dear Hopeful Traveler,

This is the last week of school before Christmas break. I don't know how I'll survive Christmas break this year. School breaks don't work out well for me. Being home alone, or even worse, with my brother, for two weeks at a time makes me feel broken and lonely. It's horrible. But maybe this year it will be different. In AP bio we make all sorts of plans about what we will do over break. All of us. Including me, you, Ryan, the teacher, and Elisa. That's your group of friends (discluding the teacher), but at this point, I feel more accepted, so I feel safe talking to them, for once. Ryan is funny. I like him a lot. But he's not you. You aren't going to Maine over break. I find that interesting. You say that you wish that you were going, because, well, it's your favorite place in the world. I wonder what changed between liking it "just as much as anywhere else" and "favorite place in the world." I won't be going anywhere either. I hope that we'll be able to hang out. At this point I've completely disregarded the idea of Lorde. She's not important. Not anymore. As we settled down for class, you offered me a small smile. I smiled back. And it made my day. Maybe when we get back from break everything will be different, whether it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Love,
The Girl with the Plans

Author's Note:

Soooo new characters in this chapter! Any guesses on who might stick around? First thoughts on Ryan?? Let me know in the comments :)

AllAtOnce99