CHAPTER XX

Soft beeps echoed out into the darkness that Minseok was currently encased in. Not a light in sight and yet he feels as if he's totally normal. Though after a while of being in the dark, he slowly began to come to.

          His eyes squinted due to the harsh bright lights that came from the room he's in. The smell of strong disinfectant and stale food was the first thing he noticed before the soft beeps of a heart monitor placed directly next to his bed. Glancing around, he realized just where he was.

          A hospital.

          But why is he in a hospital..?

          Then it hit him. The memory was like a brick wall collapsing as he realized just what he did in order to end up here.

          He saved Luhan from getting hit by a truck and he ended up getting hit himself in his place. But if he's here in the hospital, where's Luhan?

          That's all Minseok wondered as a doctor came in and smiled. He told him about how he was in a coma for a few days and how today is actually Christmas Eve. He has a broken arm, but that will heal just fine and that's surprisingly his only real injury. The rest are just scrapes and bruises here and there that litter his body.

          By the time the doctor left, Minseok wasn't really paying much attention to anything anymore. He just wanted to know where Luhan was.

          "You have to be quiet Suho, what if he's still not awake yet?" A hushed voice came from the hallways outside the slightly cracked open door. With a creek, the door opened and in popped the head of Minseok's closest friend.

          Those hazel eyes lit up as Jongdae practically tripped over his own two feet in order to rush to Minseok's side. "Oh my gosh you're awake! You're awake and you're alive and oh my god!!!!"

          Junmyeon walked up behind Jongdae and laughed. "We're happy to see you back Xiumin. How do you feel?"

          "Like I was hit by a truck." Minseok laughed.

          "Sounds about right you idiot." Jongdae sighed. "You got hit by a truck, do you know how damn lucky you are to be alive?!"

          "Yeah, I do. I saved Luhan."

          Junmyeon and Jongdae cooed at that. "You so love him and it's adorable.~"

          "Shut up."

          With a smile, Jongdae sat on the edge of Minseok's bed and opened up Instagram. "I know you've been out cold for a few days now, but everyone is talking about the one video that's out there that shows how you saved Luhan." Jongdae informed him. "You have thousands of comments on your photos thanking you and asking how they wish for you to wake up again. Even Sehun is getting little to no hate since both Zitao and Luhan have spoken about the two of you and how the sasaengs were trying to attack you both."

          "In other words." Junmyeon spoke up. "You're a hero Xiumin and everyone is in love with you and Sehun."

          Minseok smiled at that. "So Luhan's okay. Good. And Sehun is to. That's even better."

          The two laughed at that. "Always thinking of others before yourself, such a nice person." Jongdae said with a smile.

          The three talked for quite sometime before their conversation shifted to other topics. Jongdae and Junmyeon are finally dating. Baekhyun and Chanyeol are all better now. Yifan and Yixing recently started dating. Sehun and Zitao are getting very serious and are spending more time together now than ever before. Kyungsoo is moving on from Jongin who's still dating Taemin. And Kibum and Jonghyun are actually now engaged!

          It seems like everything is beginning to finally come together. Everyone's relationships are hammering themselves out and things are starting to look bright for their futures.

          A soft knock on the hospital rooms door brought the three out of their conversation. "Mind if I join in?"

          Minseok's eyes widened at the voice. Junmyeon and Jongdae made their way out of the room with bright smiles as they walked hand in hand back out into the hallway.

          "Luhan." Minseok mumbled under his breath.

          The Chinese idol ran to Minseok's bed and immediately wrapped him up in a tight hug. It took Minseok a moment to realize what was happening. Luhan is hugging him while crying. He's actually crying.

          Wrapping his arms around the others small frame, Minseok petted the back of Luhan's head with his free hand that isn't in a cast. "Hey don't cry, c'mon, I'm still alive and I'll be fine."

          "But you- you saved me and all I could do was watch as the paramedics took you away. Oh Minseok, I'm so sorry that I was stupid." Luhan sobbed as his cries got louder.

          With a small laugh, Minseok continued to pet through his hair. "Don't worry about that Luhan. I chose to do that and I don't regret it. Consider it a Christmas miracle that we can be together today okay? No crying, just smiles."

          Luhan pulled away from Minseok a bit and planted a passionate kiss straight to his lips. Closing his eyes, Minseok kissed back with everything he could. Once they pulled apart, Minseok wiped away Luhan's stay tears and smiled brightly to him.

          "I love you Luhan."

          "I know you do." Luhan laughed while holding back his remaining tears. "I love you too Minseok."