Chapter 11

The love is now blossoming....but William has other plans for the two lovebirds

Enjoy this chapter..it'll keep you at the edge of your seat!!!

xoxox....

'William do not be rash, what are you going to do kill the Count?' Jasper had long grown tired of his dear friends rants.

'It is about time you grow up,' Camille said from beside her husband.

'What do any one of you know about anything?' he spat out. 'You hid from your feelings,' he pointed to Jasper, 'and you are just a foolish girl.'

'That is enough William. You want kill the man then go ahead. But do not return to this house with blood on your hands. Jasper and I are starting a family and we do not want to be involved in whatever you are planning on doing.'

'Is that so Jasper,' William laughed, 'you let her run your household?'

'You are intoxicated William.'

'That animal nearly killed me. Constance ordered him to.'

'And what do you plan on doing William? Riding there and drawing your sword?'

'No, I will kill him first then that bastard then Constance. So she may feel the loss I felt when I lost Jane.'

Camille sighed and rose, she had grown tired of her brother. He refused to accept the facts he had been unfaithful and untruthful to Jane, he did not understand she was not one to tolerate such. She excused herself and hoped Jasper was able to speak sense into him.

'William, listen to yourself.'

'Would you not do anything for Camille.'

'You know I would, but William, you are not yet healed. Did the doctor not order you to rest.'

'I will rest once Constance is in a place she can ruin my life no longer.'

There was no helping William or talking him out of his plan. Jasper let him explain his actions and watched him leave. He was sure his friend would be the one not to return, and he worried that was what the whole of England was hoping for.

The roars of the sky scared Constance, it was barely evening but it looked as black as midnight. She fought hard to sleep but sleep didn't come. There was something daunting about this night, it felt like it held sorrow. She tossed and turned to William who, like always, slept like a child. He was child. It was then she heard a loud crash.

She sat up in her bed not sure whether she had heard right. She had never heard any noise even when she woke to find Jasmine in hallways cleaning and singing her heart away, not one sound. But tonight it was clear as day and loud as ever. She pulled away the covers and let her feet touch the floor. Her slippers were not there. She stood up anyway, her feet touching the cold wooden floor.

She took hold of the lamp providing light and headed for the door, it was a left a little ajar so William would be able to leave in the morning when he woke without rousing his mother. She stepped out into the hallway and heard the crashing sound again. She turned her light towards the end of the hallway, and then the other way. The sound came again from the opposite direction. She took a deep breath and started walking towards the staircase. She walked past Dorian's door, it was open.

Constance had never been one to let her curiosity get ahead of her in times of danger but something pulled her towards Dorian's door, she held out the lamp in front of her and peeked inside. The room was empty, the sheets were scattered all over the floor. The sound came again. This time she could tell which direction. It was coming from the level below. She moved quickly to stairs wondering why she was the only one awake. Had Dorian or Jasmine heard nothing?