Chapter 9

Two chapters in one day

Happy Reading

xoxox.......

Dorian turned to find himself face to face with William, 'I see you have taken over my woman.'

'She was never yours my Lord,' he said through clenched teeth.

'Please call me William, we are, after all bedding the same woman, it must mean we are almost brothers,' he smiled. Dorian smelt hours of liquor on his breath. The man was clearly past his bottle limit.

'I am not bedding her, I respect a woman's body.'

'That is not the account Rebecca gave me Count, she even said you are of an animal nature in that sense.'

Constance was now on the floor waiting to begin her dance, Dorian turned away from William to watch her hoping he would go away but instead he handed his glass to his blond haired friend and marched over to Constance pushing her partner out of the way so he was now standing in front of her. He smiled, 'Hello Lady Seymour.

Constance felt her heart drop, 'William.'

'Shall we,' he spoke as the music started. Constance made step to him and around him and back to her position. She looked for Dorian, his eyes were trained on her. They spoke pure anger. She moved again as the music began and went round William their palms barely touching each other.

They moved around and changed partners, Constance was glad, she looked for Dorian but he was gone. Her mind wandered. She took two steps to the side and found herself face to face with Dorian. They approached each other turning with their palms inches away from each other, 'what did he say to you?' he whispered.

'Nothing.'

'Constance.'

'I am simply surprised he is here. Did you send invitations that far?' they stepped away from each other before Dorian could reply. 

She took two steps to the left to find herself in front of William again. This time the music commanded them to dance together. William took hold of her and she winced. His touch, once what she needed, was now something she wished she could be rid of. He held her close enough for her to feel his body, 'do you not miss me?' he asked.

'I would be a fool to do such a stupid thing.'

'Oh Constance you have found yourself another man to take care of you. Was I not enough? I thought it was my title you sought,' he looked down at her eyes blazing.

'I was foolish William, I believed you loved me when all you wanted was to toy with me,' she smiled as they waltzed past a couple.

'Is that what your fool of a brother told you?' he turned her with a force she was familiar with before she crushed to his chest.

'What do you want William. You made it clear my son was a bastard and not sired through our union.'

'That boy is mine and I know it but I will not admit to it, what on earth will they think of me?'

'You should leave,' she tried to untangle herself from him but he held her tighter, his fingers pressing into her skin.'

'You are hurting me William.'

'Your saviour comes from a family of murderer's dear Constance. Has he not told you, the first Count Governal was suspected of committing murder?'

'And how is that any worse than what you are William? You kill a different part of the body, that is the only difference,' she spat at him.