Chapter One

Here is sequel to Crystal, it is Lady Constance Seymour's story after that fateful night she put an end to William's lies....

Enjoy reading....

xoxox...

PS: Don't forget to share, vote and comment....

London, England. March 1435

'Hurry Branigan,' Thea whispered. She was trying to make as little noise as possible, the mother pushing out her child had taken over and she did not want to cause any more panic. The Countess's shrilly scream echoed through the dark room once more. Thea was worried, she had lost a lot of blood and was not looking well. She looked about for Branigan, the dimwit of a woman had not yet returned. They needed that laudanum, the Countess was not going to survive the pain much longer.

'Where is Branigan?' she asked the lady standing beside her. The lady lifted her shoulders and turned her eyes back to the Countess. She was now drenched in sweat and looked like she was losing her energy. 'Mi Lady, a few more pushes and your baby will be out. Free of you,' she tried to encourage her.

The Countess nodded. 'Push Mi Lady, for your child's sake,' the lady standing beside Thea said. The door opened and Branigan came rushing in with a vile in her hand.

'It was the last of it Thea,' she whispered as she came up to her. 'It may not be enough.'

'It will have to be.'

'Why are you whispering there?' the Countess asked between breaths.

'Nothing Mi Lady, one more push now and this will all be over.'

The Countess took a few breaths and pushed, she held the sound in her throat as long as she could before she let out a scream that was synced with a baby's cry of triumph. Thea pulled the baby out and held her as another lady cut the cord joining it with it's mother. Thea rushed, she knew it was only a matter of minutes before she would have to go back and tell the mother her child did not make it. she left the other ladies to attend to the mother who had not become rather frantic. She was screaming out incoherent words.

'Branigan,' Thea called out. She wondered how she had ever gotten a position aiding a Countess. The girl was slow and dumb. She never did anything right and was always late.

'Ma'am, the lady does not want to keep the child.'

'Nonsense, now come here and pull out the sheets, we need to make sure the baby stays warm.'

'Do not let him live,' the Countess's voice came with thunder. Thea looked back to the mother who was now sitting up. She had delivered many children as a mid wife but never had she heard a mother wanting their child dead. She must be exhausted from the pain for child birth. Thea turned her attention back to the matter at hand. The baby looked a little blue and was no longer crying.

'Bring that hot water over Branigan and we need a pot of cold water as water as well. Hurry! And bring towels as many as you can find.' She dipped the tip of the sheet in the hot water and began wiping away the mucus like substance that was surrounding the baby's nose, she worked as fast as she could but also made sure to be as gentle as she could. When she was satisfied the baby should be able to breath, she gently massaged the area of the heart.

'Your Ma is waiting for you child, come alive,' she whispered as she continued rubbing gently.

Branigan rushed back with a pot of water, making sure to drip it all over the floor before placing it haphazardly at Thea's feet.