Chapter 8

And so it begins

Remember to vote, comment and share

Happy reading

xoxox....

Constance was in a state of shock when her eyes ran about the room, it was a few meters high with nothingness. She could see the ceiling so she settled for what she could see. There were claw marks high up on the wall, the brick was not like the other parts of the house, this one looked much older and had moss over it. there were small cages to the left of the room covered haphazardly with sheets and then there was Dorian. His shirt was not fully buttoned and it left her eyes to wander across his chest. His muscles, she had never seen, seemed to be sculpted onto his body. His skin was a dark golden and she almost thought she saw it glimmer as he turned and the light from the only window hit him.

His hair was in its usual mess atop his head and his green eyes, his green eyes. She tore her eyes away from him and trained them on Jasmine. She had not meant to follow her but her curiosity was too much for her to bear. Her lustful glare turned to one of anger, 'I thought you said Dorian was in town,' she started more of a statement than a question. She put her hands on her hips and Dorian laughed. Her eye moved from Jasmine to Dorian. 'What is so funny Dorian? You have trained your help to tell lies for you. What if William were to cross paths with you?'

'Will? What about him?'

'I teach my son honesty Dorian, a trait you have no honour for.'

Jasmine looked between them and rested her eyes on Dorian, who gave her a nod and she but ran out the door.

Constance now focused on Dorian. She was furious, why did he think he had to hide from her? 'Are you going to explain Dorian?'

'I owe you no explanation Constance,' he said now turned to her, he made no effort to fix his buttons, 'Jasmine told you the lie, not I.'

'She works for you Dorian,'

She kept repeating his name and it was driving him crazy. The way it rolled off her tongue. His thoughts ran to another reason she would be calling his name. He caught himself before it wandered too far. 'I apologize for Jasmine's, he paused looking for a word appropriate, 'indiscretion.'

She watched him for a while, not sure whether he was mocking her or not. She decided on the former, only because of the spark in eye that told her he was close to bursting into a fit of laughter. 'You find falsehood funny I see.' She shook her head and made to leave when Dorian caught her arm and turned her around.

'I do not mean to make light of what Jasmine did Constance, but I am not exactly sure why she made up her story.

'Because you instructed her to,' she tried to pull away from him but he held her in her place.

'I did no such thing. Jasmine is of the impression she is my second mother. I am close to the age of her son and she fears I may be falling in love with a woman who is set to leave and never return. A woman who is not afraid to fight with me even though there is a part of her that does not understand me and is terrified, a woman that bore the son of another man and is afraid no other man will dare defy his father. She is worried I may be losing my heart to the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on and she is simply looking to protect me.'

His words shut Constance's mouth immediately. She remembered the dream she had, not the part where he turned into something she could not describe, but the part where he kissed her and held her and made her feel fire from deep within. He had unlocked her heart. Now here he was professing undying love for her. She could not move, he let go of her to see whether she would walk away but she stood where she was staring at him.