Clickity-Click

I woke up as the thunder shook the house, just in time to see the power fade. My dog was freaking out, as usual. He hates storms, you see. When the lights go out, he scampers from room to room, his nails going Clickity-Click on my hardwood floors. I've never seen a pet so afraid of the dark.

As i rummaged through my night stand to find a flashlight, he stopped and yelped. "Calm down max, I'm looking for it." I heard his nails against the floor as he found his way back to me in the dark. Finally pulling out the flashlight, I clicked it on to make him feel better. "Come on max, I've got the light." Scanning my room with the light from my bed, I caught a glimpse of his nose from behind a bookcase. "Come on boy, It's okay." He peeked his head out barely, with a look of frozen terror in his eyes, then pulled it back again.

"Whatever, I'm thirsty anyway." I got up and stumbled to the kitchen, then stopped dead in my tracks. What lay before me made me nearly comit. Sprawled across the floor was my dog, splattered in blood. His head had been hacked off. As i tried to recover, I heard the cliching of nails on the floor approaching from behind me. I stood there like a Statue, In Fear, that it wasn't my dog that was making that Clickity-Click sound. It was something more horrifying, the whole time....