10 || history

CHAPTER 10 || HISTORY

NOTE: Sadly to say, I haven't been updating this book at all, so this chapter is one of he last chapters that I have which have been written a long long time ago. If you are look for more frequent updates, please do check out Our Symphony!! I'm spending so much more time on that so I would really appreciate your support! Love you guys <3

"Wait, hold on," Kara lifted her index finger and stopped walking, causing us to pause in the middle of nowhere. "So are you saying that he just left you? Alone? In a cafe?"

It had been about a week since Tristan had received that message that had forced him to leave me in the café. Given my hectic schedule, I had not been able to bring it up to anyone yet until today. Mom's health had made immense progress over the last couple of weeks. She could now have a half an hour conversation with someone using full sentences without getting breathless, though she was still quite fragile when it came to standing and walking around. However, she always seemed to light up whenever Ian was around, since his visits had become fewer and fewer over the past few days. Erin stopped by whenever she could, always showing up with a fresh bouquet of flowers and a warm smile.

I shrugged. "I don't see what is so wrong with that, Kara. That wasn't really my point."

Kara blinked once. Then another time. "Are you mad? You just got ditched by a boy! You should be fuming. If I ever see him again, I plan to give him a good beating." To emphasize her point, she curled her fist and raised it to eye level.

I scoffed. "Please, Kara. It's not that big of a deal."

"It is!"

"It wasn't even a date." I rolled my eyes at her insistence and started walking.

"It could have been!"

"No, it could not have been, and that's not the point. What should I do next?"

"Kill him."

I threw her a look.

Kara flung her hands up in the air. "I think you should go to his house and talk to him."

I frowned. I had been to Tristan's house only once, and I barely knew anything about him. But for some reason, I felt the need to know what was up with him. The look on his face before he had left me... he looked like someone who had just seen a ghost. I wanted to help him, even though he did not want me to.

"Okay, I will. But you'll come with me." I decided.  After all, what was there to lose?

I gripped Kara's hand and pulled her along. "Now let's get this shopping done and go over."

"Today?" Kara sounded surprised, though I didn't know what she was so shocked about since she had been the one to suggest the idea.

"Then when?" I muttered, bringing my phone out of my bag when I heard its familiar ringtone. "Hello?"

"Good morning, is Miss Dianna Hayes on the line?" replied a deep voice.

"Yes, it's me," I returned.

"This is the director of the musical you auditioned for just a few weeks ago, Mr Klarke."

My eyes widened in shock and I let go of Kara's wrist, mouthing 'one sec' to her and going over to the corner of the shop where it was quieter. "Oh, yes Mr Klarke! How are you?"

"Good, thank you. Miss Hayes, it is my pleasure to inform you that you have gotten the role of Jasmine."

I barely swallowed down the urge to squeal and covered my mouth in disbelief. "Tha- thank you so much Mr Klarke! I won't disappoint, I promise!"