4 || masquerade

FOUR || MASQUERADE

TAKE NOTE: I have decided to change the age of Tristan (and the casting hehe). He is now 20 instead of the same age as Ian, and I have reasons for that change.

Enjoy this chapter !!

"Happy Birthday my dear," Aunt Olivia gave me a peck on both cheeks. I hugged and thanked her.

She studied my dress. Ah, this dress is lovely, absolutely lovely."

"Thank you, Aunty Olivia." I blushed, looking down at my dress. "Come in."

I moved aside to let her into the house. The party was at full swing now, many people had come with masks on, only a handful had not. My father and Ian, as usual, were surrounded by businessmen and women. Ian was doing most of the talking now, and my father had a hand on Ian's shoulder supportively.

"Oli!" my mother rushed up to her sister and flung her arms around her.

"Myra, my little sister! You and your daughter both look gorgeous today," my aunt commented, smiling.

They went away after that, chatting away animatedly like sisters would.

I smiled to myself and looked around for someone. Was he here? My dance friends were clustered together, giggling amongst themselves. All of them wore dresses and masks to match. Kara caught me looking and beckoned me over with a wave of her hand.

I was about to make my way towards them when a voice stopped me. "Dianna!"

I frowned and turned. It was a young man, wearing a tuxedo and a jet black mask. He was not at all familiar to me, but I smiled all the same.

"Hello, you must be— "

"Raymond. Mr Hayes is my boss. We have not met before."

"Raymond, of course." I grinned, taking his hand and shaking it.

"Happy Birthday, Dianna. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're turning nineteen today?" Raymond started.

I nodded my head in confirmation.

"Quite a party you have here," he commented, looking around. Then he turned to look back at me. "So tell me, while Ian is going to take over the company, what are you going to do?"

My eyes widened in surprise. No one had really bothered to ask me that before. "Well, I'd like to go on Broadway or become a professional dancer."

Raymond nodded thoughtfully. "My Uncle is a director. He's doing a musical play of his own, the auditions are coming up sometime next week. I'm not too sure what the plot is, but I think it is one of those classic Disney fairy tales. I'll text you the details when I get them?" He offered tentatively.

I brightened. It had been quite a while since I had done live theatre. It would be a good refresher if I got a role in this Disney play, especially since I was a huge fan of Disney. "Sure! Thanks, Raymond." We exchanged contacts and Raymond left to join the crowd around Ian.

I moved over to my friends. "Hey guys."

"Dianna! This party is amazing!" Kara gushed.

I opened my mouth to reply but was interrupted by a deep drawl from behind. "You ladies enjoying Di's party, I hope?"

The girls around me burst into giggles. I rolled my eyes at my brother's interruption. It was one of those few high school-like crushes, and as frustrating as it could be, I did not blame my friends for falling for Ian's charming charisma and looks. He had always been one of those boys to get the girls without breaking a bead of sweat.