Chapter 13: Confessions Of A Former Thief

Azulia's P.O.V

Getting up soundlessly, I grabbed my staff and attached it to my belt.  Glancing to make sure the crew was asleep, I crept out of the tent. 

Was I being irresponsible?

Yes.

Would I regret this?

Probably.

The waves of darkness came stronger as I walked south from the tent and I had to find out what it was coming from.  It wasn't just something that you could ignore.  I figured that if anyone threatened the crew whilst I was gone, then the Force would wake either Kanan or Ezra.  Hopefully. 

I found myself being drawn to the edge of town, a quiet corner where only a few citizens shuffled by. 

"So you aren't completely incompetent." A female voice materialised from behind me.  I whipped around, staff in hand faster than the Mirilian in front of me could blink.  She didn't flinch though.  In fact, her black armour didn't so much as twitch as she addressed me calmly.  "I'd thought you'd forgotten how to use the Force altogether."

"Believe me, I tried sleemo." I shot back and she picked her lithe figure up from the crate that she was sat on.  "Like I'd ever want to feel your Force signature ever again."

Her face contorted into an expression of mock shock, "I'm hurt!  Unfortunately, it won't stop me from finishing my mission." Her red blade flashed to life in her hand.  Narrowing my eyes, I brought my staff in front of me and took up my fighting stance.  She too readied her blade.

"Where are the rebels child?"

"I think you already know what I'm going to say." I hiss.

"Very well." And she charged.

We performed a deadly dance, me dodging her blade and striking at her where I could. My staff may have been able to block a blaster shot, but not much could stop a lightsaber. When I'd begun to train, I'd chosen Niman because of it's balance between fast strikes and needing a calm mindset. It stopped me from getting sloppy and carried away with my moves, unlike when Eala had shown me Ataru.  Although, I did include some elements of Ataru in my fighting style.

As she struck again and again, I was being pushed back and my skill had dropped significantly.  My moves were sloppy and boy did I know it.  I envisioned Eala probably yelling at me for being so clumsy, but my mind was descending into chaos as she pushed me more and more.

Keep your eyes on the blade!

Spread your feet!

Use your surroundings!

Her voice started echoing in my head.  I noticed it had been doing that a lot recently. 

"You're sloppy padawan." My adversary seethed as I just ducked away from a swipe.  Of course, she had the advantage of height and it was starting to show.

"I am no Padawan anymore, or a Jedi!  There's a reason that they're all dead."

Well, not all of them.  My lungs were starting to heave from the constant back and forth of the fight.

"Don't play coy with me youngling.  I know of the Jedi and his Padawan that you are currently taking refuge with.  I wonder what they would think of you if they knew the truth about you?" She brought her blade away and struck again. "How you fled when your master needed you most!?" Snarling, I leaped away.  The Inquisitor advanced.  "How you slumbered in the dark side unknowingly and then you abandoned your powers.  How you abandoned Eala's legacy!?" I stumbled.