Chapter 5: I Hate Guild Contractors

Uria's P.O.V

I stretched awkwardly feeling my spine pop into place the next morning.  Thin slits of sunlight filtered through the half closed blinds, creating stripes running alone the west wall of the room. It had spare parts strewn about the room with the odd broken weapon thrown in. Tools were cast aside and on the floor creating a suicide mission for whoever dared to enter the room without some sort of foot protection.

What can I say? The workshop wasn't designed to be comfy.

"Note to self: never sleep in the workshop again. Ever." I grumbled as my stiff neck protested against every step whilst I picked my way through the minefield of parts. I located my blaster and staff in the mess and checked the charge of my blaster.  Seventy-seven percent.  Frowning, I checked the power cells that I'd charged overnight and tutted as I discovered that they'd started to corrode.  Just then, the door opened and Alderaan was stood in the doorway; I don't think that he knew what to make of the place. His blue hair was mussed and I got the feeling that he'd literally just rolled out of bed. I noticed his shoulder was done up a little tighter; it must have been his handiwork.

"Well this is chaos." He deadpanned after a long examination of the workshop.

I shrugged. "I prefer the term, organised chaos." I said gesturing to the whirlwind of mechanics around me.

"How do you even find anything in here?" He asked whilst my back was turned as I shuffled through a pile of scrap.

I turned towards him and immediately yelped, grabbing the object that he had previously been examining from his hand.

"Whoa, what?" He held his hands up in an "I surrender" position.

I glared at him. "You have no idea what you were just holding, do you?" I glowered.

He looked at the small, flat, grey oval shaped tracking beacon that I held in my hand and his eyebrows creased together. "Umm, a spare part?" He guessed.

I laughed a little hysterically before snapping, "No, it's a tracking beacon that links directly to the Empire!"

"What the hell do you have that for!?" He retorted.

I glanced out the window before turning back to him. "Look, I'm close to being able to using it to listen to the Empire's transmissions. If I can find the transmissions concerning me, I can stay one step ahead of them." I hissed.

"That seems a little extreme, even if they want to question you." I shifted and didn't say anything.  "There's something else, isn't there?"

"I stole something that I should have left, like I told you back at the training field.  That's all you need to know." I answered shortly.

"What? You can't just leave me guessing!  I should know!"

"Ok then.  I'll put it this way.  How is something that I stole, your buisness, when it's not your stuff?" He opened his mouth but no sound came out. "Precisely. Now, get your stuff together. We going to have to hurry if we're meeting your friends." I returned to searching through my stuff despite looking for nothing in particular.

"Wait, I'm not going to turn you over to anyone so you at least owe me your name. Your real name." Alderaan said.

I chewed my lip in thought. Names could be dangerous.