Chapter 3: Smells Like Trouble

Ezra's P.O.V

Me and Kanan rounded the corner on our speeders, to be faced with bucket heads.  Stood between us and said bucket heads, was the thief.

She was draped in a brown cloak with a hood low enough to hide her face.  Black combat boots were hidden under her cloak as well as the faint outline of a blaster. Slung over her shoulder was a rucksack that she had stashed our thenamium in.

For a moment, everyone froze as we watched each other, seeing who would make the first move. Suddenly, the thief flew into action, launching herself at the Stromtroopers. Grabbing two, she bashed their heads together Zeb-style before whipping out her blaster and shooting a few. Me and Kanan ducked for cover as we watched her completely plough her way through the soldiers. At first, I thought she was going to finish all of them off, but then she shoved her way through the rest and darted into the back alleys once again. The Stormtroopers for some reason then paid her no attention, and turned to us.

"Kanan, what just happened?!" I asked, as they turned their blasters to us. "They just let her get away!"

"I don't know, but we have bigger problems!" He yelled as he ducked back for cover after firing a few shots. "All I know is that this thief knows what she's doing!" He called as bolts flew over our heads. I jumped as the crates were shoved into me by the sheer force of the bolts.

A few odd times, me and Kanan would quickly fire back, but we had to be quick so we wouldn't get our heads blasted off.  Plus, I was trying to figure out where that girl was planning to go.  With the Empire after her, she would probably want to get rid of the hyperdrive cores as soon as possible.  Then it struck me as to where she was most likely to go.

I grabbed my comm and yelled into it, "We could use some assistance here guys!"

"I'm almost there!" Sabine's voice replied and only moments later, two grenades flew our heads before exploding right in the middle of the group of troopers. Getting up, I watched as the crew of the Ghost rounded the corner. Sabine led the group with Hera in the middle (and Chopper perched on the back of her speeder) and Zeb bringing up the rear.

"The kid?" Zeb asked.  His venomous green eyes were dark with anger.

"She got away. But I think I know where she's going." I replied as I hopped onto my speeder.

"Where? There aren't many places to go now that the Empire pretty much has the planet on lockdown." Hera replied.

There was only one place where she could sell thenamium without getting caught. Only one place that the Empire didn't know about.

"Trader's Outpost." I replied.

*

"Not many people know about the place, and its location on Lothal is always shifting to evade the Empire." I yelled as we raced over the dunes on our speeders.

Sabine accelerated until she was level with me and asked, "Have you been there before?" 

"Once.  It's not the nicest of places and you need to be careful.  There are countless thieves there and some dodgy traders."

She could have been smiling, but her helmet masked her expression.  "Yeah, because we haven't dealt with people like that before."

As we rose to the top of a dune, I pointed to a small settlement up ahead, composed of tents. 

"There it is.  If you know the right people, this place can get you enough money to survive." I frowned.