Chapter 4: Traitor!

Uria's P.O.V

My mind was working overtime.  I had an out of control probe, an enemy trying to survive with me and to make things even better, my blaster didn't do a thing to the probe.  Red bolts skimmed my head more frequently than I was comfortable with, and the boy wasn't in any better a position to help.  We were trapped.

I suddenly heard a yell and managed to catch a glimpse over the barrels.  My stomach dropped.  One of the bolts had hit Alderaan, and he was out like a light before he could even finish his yell of pain.  The probe noticed this and started to advance, no doubt to finish him off.

Without really thinking, I sprinted from behind the barrels, I charged down the probe and it turned just in time to see me pounce of it. Leaping on top of it like a cat, I ripped open it's control panel on top, whilst trying not to be thrown off as it careered this way and that. I grunted as it slammed me into a rock but somehow, still managed to cling on by some miracle.  Taking a handful of wires, I yanked them out of the circuits and the probe froze. I yelled as a small electrical jolt travelled down my spine and I finally fell off, but thankfully, the probe had been destroyed too.

Looking over to Alderaan, I suddenly realised that I had to do something with him.

My head told me to run whilst I had the chance, but my heart was telling me to save him.  And I didn't know which one to pick.  Up until now, I'd mostly used my head to survive, planning and plotting, but now, the pull of my morals were so strong, it wasn't something that I could ignore.  I looked at Alderaan.  I then looked at the speeder. 

Shaking my head and questioning my life choices, I ran over to Alderaan and checked his pulse.  He was alive, but in no shape to go about on his own.  I sighed and threw him onto the back of my speeder.

I had a horrible feeling that I would regret this.

Ezra's P.O.V

I cracked open my eyes to be met with a dimly lit room.  The furniture was plain and it looked like a local's house, but the broken weapons thrown aside suggested otherwise.  I could hear a faint clanking sound coming from the corner of the room and could see someone there, but my vision was too blurred to make out who it was.  Groaning, I pushed myself up into a sitting position before yelling and grabbing my shoulder as it screamed in pain.  Someone pushed me back down.  I was fairly sure I could hear them cussing.  Slowly, my hearing cleared and I could make out a girl's voice.

"Don't move Alderaan.  You're injured.  I've just bandaged it up, and don't need you pulling them loose."  I heard a heavy sigh.

"Alderaan?" I muttered, my brain swimming.  My vision was still blurred from pain.

"Yeah.  It's my name for you, seen as you haven't told me your real one." 

"Jabba the Hut." I lied instinctively.

I was fairly sure she knocked something over in her laughing fit.

"Wow, I haven't heard a lie that bad since... well, ever.  I've met Jabba the Hut, and you, are by no means a Hut.  Nevertheless, I doubt you'll tell me your real name, especially when you suss out who I am." I could hear a hint of amusement to her voice.

I turned my head to look at the speaker and as my vision started to clear and I could make out her features more clearly.  Long blonde hair, my age, pale... wait.  I shot up hand resting on my lightsaber.

"You."

"Me." She agreed.

"Why am I here?" I asked warily.