Chapter 44

It has been six months since the last time we talked. Six months. He never texted me again after that night. I messaged him many times, asking if he was settled in. Asking if he liked it there. He never answered me. Not once, and today he's texting me like nothing happened?

Caitlyn: Yeah

I hit send biting my lip. What does he expect me to say to him? I can't just act like nothing happened. That night he came to say goodbye and he kissed me for God sake then gave me a stupid note and left. I still haven't read that note. I knew that if I read it I would get more sad. I had decided that I would read it when I'm over him and I guess now's the time.

Austin: I'm back :)

My heart stopped as I read the words on the small screen. He's back? He can't be.

Caitlyn: What?

I'm not going to give him much response because as much as I'd hate to admit it, I am still upset.

Austin: I'm back in town...

Caitlyn: Why?

I know that sounds bitchy but fuck it.

Austin: I'll explain that in person, do you want to meet up sometime?

Yes. I do, but I won't. I can't face him again. Plus I'm with Chase. I don't think he'd be too happy with me seeing Austin.

Caitlyn: I'm really busy lately

Austin: ....

Caitlyn: What?

Austin: You can't even spare an hour to meet up...

Is he being serious? He's giving me this attitude? Does he think I'm going to be all happy jolly?

Caitlyn: Yup. Just like you couldn't spare a second to text me.

I hit send, biting the inside of my cheek to keep from screaming. He's ruining my night.
It's funny how just a couple months ago he was one of the few people who could make me happy and now it's come to this.

Austin:  That's what you're mad about? I told you it wasn't a good idea to talk....for safety reasons.

Caitlyn: I'm sure that one text wouldn't have hurt?

Austin:  You know what, fuck this, I thought you might be happy to see me after all this time but it doesn't even fucking matter to you.

Caitlyn: Yeah? Well a lot has changed since you left Austin.

Austin: Clearly.

Is he mocking me? What does he mean by that?

Caitlyn: What's that supposed to mean?

Austin: Doesn't matter, wouldn't want to take up any more of your time anyways.

I flip over and let out a frustrated scream in my pillow. Can't he just apologize for once? I mean, I know one  text wouldn't have killed him. He knows it too. I still remember the look in his eyes when he told me that. There was no concern, no fear, nothing. That was just his way of trying to forget me. I know I'm right about this because when I hung out with Cam a couple time's I would see he was texting Austin. Even calling him sometimes.  As always he was the one who made the decision. Just like all the other times.

Caitlyn: Is it that hard for you to admit I'm right? You didn't talk to me for months because of 'safety' but you could talk to Cam all the time huh?