Chapter 67

I wake to what seems like glassware clanking together. I rub my eyes, instantly regretting my decision as I realize I still have a shit ton of make up on.

"Fuck." I murmur as I sit up trying to blink away the stinging. I look around and realize I am on the couch. I guess Austin slept on the floor. I smile a little as I look for him.

"Well good morning sleeping beau- woah!" Cameron stops and look at me with a disgusted expression on his face.

"What?" I frown.

"You look like shit." He says simply and turns back to continue whatever he was doing.

"I forgot to take my makeup off last night okay?" I say grabbing my bag and walking to the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and cringe at the smudged makeup all round my eyes. I scrub my face with water until my eyes are red since I have no makeup remover and gel eyeliner is nearly impossible to  take off without it. I slightly open the door and call for Cam.

"What?" He yells back.

"Do you have an extra tooth brush?" I ask.

"Should be in the drawer under the sink!" He responds. I open up the drawer and see a pack of new tooth brushes. I pull on out and brush my teeth. Is Austin even home? I haven't heard him. I look at myself and contemplate whether I should put on mascara or not. I hate how I look without mascara. I can never live without it. I will check if Austin is here, and if he is then I will. I grab my bag and step out of the bathroom, walking to the dining table where Cam is seated.

"Want breakfast?" He asks looking up.

"Nah." I say taking a seat and grabbing the coffee he has put out for me. "Is Austin here?" I ask taking a sip.

"No, he had to go to work." He answers. I nod my head yes as my mind replays parts of last night.

"Why so smiley?" Cameron asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'm just happy this is all over." I say.

"So am I, you are both drama queens." He says rolling his eyes.

"Shut up." I say smacking his arm. He chuckles shaking his head. My head runs through the events of last night. I didn't think the night would turn out like this because it sure didn't start well. The fact that Austin and I sat and talked afterwards makes me even happier.

I can never thank Cam enough for that. 

Austin words run through my head. I look at Cam who seems to be talking but I can't seem to hear the words. What could he have done so that Austin could come back. The worst senerios run through my head but they just can't be true. Cam cannot do something like that.

"Did you kill your boss?" I ask inturuppting him. He stops talking and slowly look up at me. His eyes are filled with shock.

"What?" he asks slightly raising his eyebrows.

"Did you. Kill your boss?" I ask again.

"Caitlyn, do you even hear yourself? No. How could you think I would do something like that?" He asks frowning.

"Maybe the fact that he drove your brother out of the city? Oh it also doesn't help that the first time we met you had a gun pointed at me." I resond.

"Are you still seriously holding that against me? And why are bringing this up out of nowhere?" he asks rolling his eyes.

"Because Austin said he couldn't thank you enough since he's back because of you. You told me he was back because the boss died...what do you think would go through my head?" I ask trying to be as calm as possible. Cam looks at me slightly worried. My heart race quickens as I see him shift uncomfortably.

"It's not like that." he hesitates.

"Then what is it like?" I ask.

"I didn't kill him okay? I just... I lured him to it I guess." he says, quickly getting up with his plate and walking to the sink.

"Cam, what do you mean?" I ask standing up and walking behind him.

"The new boss told me that if I helped him lure the older one to him he would let me and Austin go." he says, his back to me and hands leaning against the sink.

"Oh my gosh..." I trail off not believing what I'm hearing. He helped them kill his boss. Cameron, my best friend, helped kill another person. "How could you-"I get cut off.

"I didn't have a choice okay, Cate? If I hadn't done that then I would still be in that gang, Austin would still be miserable in Toronto and you would still be obliviously faking your way through a relationship." he rants as he looks at me with a frown. Everything he is saying makes sense but I still can't grasp the fact that another human beings life was taken and Cameron was a part of it. Does this mean he has done stuff like this before? Has he killed someone himself? He does have a gun after all. My eyes slightly widen as I take a few steps back.

"Caitlyn..." he trails off as hurt flashes through his eyes. He takes a step towards me but I take one back.

"Why didn't you tell me? You should have told me!"

"Because I knew you would react like this! You didn't know that man Cate, he was a bad person. He deserved it." He says.

"H-have you ever..." I trail off not wanting to say it.

"No! I can't believe you would think I could do something like that." He says hurt clear in his eyes.

"I didn't think you would do something like this either." I say shaking my head. I'm disappointed but I can't be mad because the reasons he's told me make sense. It's just a lot to take in when you hear it from your best friend.

"I had to do it Cate." he says letting out a sigh.

"I'm going to head home, I'll talk to you later." I say not wanting to talk about this anymore. He looks at me and let's out a sigh knowing that it's best to just drop it.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" He offers.

"Its okay, thanks." I say grabbing my bag from the sofa and heading to the door. I call the taxi as I make my way downstairs into the main lobby. There is a little bench in the corner of the room. I walk towards it and take a seat as I wait for the taxi.

I love Cam, and I don't think I could be sane without him in my life but I look up to him as an older brother almost so hearing this is such a shock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Arman I'm off!" I yell to the back room.

"Okay see ya later!" he yells back. I grab my bag and hed out the door. I look around for Cameron's car. He's picking me up from work, I haven't really talked to him except for about meeting up today so this should be interesting.

I hear a honk and my head snaps to the direction of the sound. I spot Cam's car and walk towards it.

I step into the car and notice cam looks a little nervous.

"You still mad?" he asks.

"I was never mad, but I don't want to talk about it." I say to him as I buckle myself in. He hesitantly nods his head and pulls out of the parking lot.

"Can we stop by the bank first? I gotta cash in a check." I say to Cam. He nods his head and keeps driving. We soon pull into the bank parking lot and I step out.

"Be back in a second." I say closing the door. I step in and see people lined up to talk to a represntative. There's are three lines and I choose one that seems to be the shortest. I pull out my phone as I wait my turn. I scroll through Instagram liking random posts. I look to my left feeling as if someone is looking at me. I look through the people standing in the line connecting my eyes with the last person I would want to see right now. I quickly look away not wanting anything to do with him. Out of the corner of my eye I see him walking towards me. Fuck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the shitty chapter.

The book is going to end soon but I'm just having a hard time putting everything into place because I have so many different ideas. This part in between us such a drag but it is necessary.

Anyways, I love you guys and sorry for the late updates. ❤