01. The Day Neji Hyuga Lost His Cool

Start from the beginning

Who's that cutie who keeps glaring at me!? You wondered, smiling slyly, he totally wants me!

Neji wished he could disappear at that very moment. He knew who you were going to chose by the dumb smile on your face and he certainly did not want to sit next to an ill-mannered child. He prayed that you were looking at someone behind him and watched as you parted your lips to speak.

"HIM!" You confidently said whilst pointing at the poor boy with your index finger. 

"Good choice," Sensei said,"Neji's our top student and he's considered a genius, perhaps you will be able to learn a few things from him."

"What's that suppose to mean Sensei? Are you calling me dumb?!" You squeaked angrily, putting your hands on your hips to emphasize how offended you were.

"It means you still have some room to grow," the sensei smiled at you kindly. Your outrage subsided like water to a fire and you nodded your head in agreement. Sensei must be right, he's the experienced one after all. You hastily ran up the steps, finding your seat next to the Neji boy and plopped down beside him loudly. 

Okay, calm down, you told yourself, taking deep breaths. Exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale. 

"Hey, buddy!" you waved your hand vigorously at Neji, hoping you could make at least one new friend today.

Neji ignored you. If he was quiet maybe you'll go away.

"You're Neji, right?" you tried to converse with the Hyuga, noticing how beautiful his hair was you commented," buddy you have nice hair. It's soooo silky and voluminous. Unlike mines. I have straws for hair!"

He ignored you again.

You tilted your head to the side and leaned forward to examine his face at a closer range," are you deaf?"

Neji closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

"Ah," you hummed out loud," are you blind?" 

His eyes popped back open and he turned to finally acknowledge you,"no," he literally growled through gritted teeth at the stupid question, wondering why you were so persistent in trying to socially interact with him.

"Oh, then why are your eyes white?" you asked in awe, wondering if he could see you.

"Perhaps if you were smarter you would know," he gave you a curt reply but the smile remained on your face.

"Aw, come on Neji! You can tell me. I won't tell anyone," you pretended to whisper in his ears.

"Why are you whispering? It's not a secret. Everybody knows why," he scooted away from you," you're the only idiot who doesn't know."

"That means I can ask anyone in the room if I want to find out," you said matter-of-factly," but since you're the one who's nex-"

"Can you shut up? I'm trying to pay attention."

"Ok."

He shut you down immediately. You tried to focus on the lecture on throwing shurikens but it was so boring. You would rather throw them than listen to a speech on how to throw them. It is as the saying goes 'easier said than done'. 

Sensei continued his lecture, delving into the spectacular ways a shuriken can be thrown and used in battle. He even started describing the appropriate distance they should be thrown at for better accuracy and speed. He even began doing math with shurikens! Math!!!! Your worst nightmare!

Mentally sighing, you shifted your gaze on Neji again. So you weren't the brightest person in the class and you obviously weren't book-smart but you were pretty perceptive when it came to reading people.

Neji, who said he was trying to 'pay attention' was not even listening to the lecture. It was almost like he was looking through Sensei. Hell, he totally looked bored out of his mind and his face screamed 'what am I doing in this class? I should be a genin already'. You silently giggled in amusement. Oh Neji, looking and listening are two different things, even you knew that. 

A brilliant idea ran through your head. You smiled mischievously and 'accidentally' bumped your leg against his. He chose to ignore you again. You bumped him again and Neji finally loses his cool. He stood up so hastily you didn't even see him get off his chair and in one quick motion he gentle fists you so hard you went flying through the air. Everybody watched as you hit the blackboard at the front of the room and Sensei's jaws dropped to the floor.

"N-N-Neji!" Sensei scowled rushing to your side, still struggling to process what had just happened," ," what the hell was that for?"

Neji expected you to cry, whine, and beg Sensei to change your seat but instead you looked up and laughed. You actually laughed.

"We were just bonding, Sensei!" you exclaimed as the teacher helped you to your feet," me and Neji are going to become best friends!"

Neji usually kept a cool and calm demeanor but today was different, his face twisted into a face of anger and frustration as he wondered, what the hell is wrong with this girl?! 

You smiled and skipped happily to your seat by Neji. Whoa! He's pretty violent for a pretty cute guy!

--

End