Twenty Two

Warning: mention of drugs

It seems as though every day consists of Camila being drunk, and Lauren being high.

Today was no exception.

However, neither had been present until right now.

It was only 2 P.M and Camila was so hammered she could barely speak a coherent sentence, while Lauren had injected herself with so much heroin that it felt as if her eyes were going to close and never open.

There was indie music blasting through out the apartment. Loud enough to where they could sing at the top of their lungs and still sound on key, but quiet enough so not to have the police called.

Camila of course had different music taste than Lauren, but the surprising part was her obsession with One Direction.
She played nearly every song on all four albums; basically screaming the lyrics while she swayed and jumped around the living room. Tripping over thin air almost every time.

As if she wasn't clumsy enough when she was sober.

Lauren scoffs in second hand embarrassment as the intoxicated girl lands in front of her for the tenth time in five minutes. She could barely see, but she managed to focus her eyes long enough to watch her fall, and it was funny every time. Lauren wouldn't admit it, but due to Camila's constant playing of the band, she had memorized a lot of the lyrics, with the exception of 18 - Camila's favorite. Which she knew all of.

The first verse and chorus came and went, and Lauren always giggled at the Irish one's pronunciation of "chance" as "chonce."

The song neared its end as Camila practically threw herself on the floor. Acting out the lyrics with Lauren.

Kiss me where I lay down
My hands pressed to your cheeks
A long way from the playground

At first, Lauren didn't respond. Not when Camila literally cupped her cheeks while singing. Not until the brunette planted an actual kiss on her lips. She was drugged up, and her motions were already slowed, so she didn't react until the song had ended and Camila was already dancing to the next one.

Her mind couldn't process what had just happened, and chances were that by the time the drug wore of she wouldn't even remember, but right now it was very real and it happened.

She expected not to remember the unintentional kiss from her friend, but what she didn't expect was to pass out in the middle of the floor with all of her doping equipment out, only to later be jolted awake by a very concerned and angry Cuban mother.

Her eyes grow wide as she meets the woman's, yet all she can think about is how much they remind her of Camila's. The same expression when she was mad. "Lauren?" She questions, but before she can say anything else, a loud gagging noise followed by groaning is heard from the bathroom, and Sinuhe immediately runs in there, finding Camila propped against the toilet. Lauren takes the opportunity, gathering all of her belongings, she bolts out the door. She sprints to the end of the hall, where she contemplates going home but decides against on account of waking up yet another Cuban family member.

Instead, because she is groggy and still somewhat high, Lauren calmly makes her way down ten flights of stairs, wanting to waste as much time as possible. When she reaches the lobby she takes a seat on the only sofa there. It was dark and empty considering it was midnight, only Lauren would be crazy enough to stay there, but she kind of liked it. She liked the silence. Except for the fact the it left her alone with her thoughts. All leading back to none other than Camila.