Chapter 2.

Four excruciating hours later, I was dragging shopping bags back to our home sweating like a monster and yelling to Kayla since her bags were about to rip open.

"Why do we have to get so much for one little party?" I questioned breathlessly.

"It's not just for one little party silly. You're going to every single one of them with me!" She cheered. I stopped in my tracks, but she was already ahead so she couldn't see me. I rolled my eyes at the thought of going to every party with her and her boyfriend Zayn.

Don't get me wrong, Zayn was a very nice boy. Except he kind of came off as an ignorant asshole. Zayn always had sun glasses on and his arms were somewhat covered with tattoos, but the stupid 'bad boy' label didn't even cross my mind, I refuse to think in clichés. I didn't mind it at all, I don't judge a book by its cover. But Kayla sure as hell did.

I remember the first day she met Zayn. We were walking back from school and it was pouring rain. At the time neither of us had a car so we had to walk. We were about to cross the road and a car came speeding towards us almost hitting us! Kayla was outraged that she took off her shoe and threw it at the car window, and with our large amount of luck, the window was open enough to hit the driver. The car came to a complete stop and the guy jumped out. His face was covered by black raybans and a hood covered his hair. He took the shoe and walked up to Kayla giving back to her. She didn't thank him but started to scream at him calling him a jerk and an asshole. Eventually she calmed down and he gave us a ride home, which now that I think of it, probably was not the best idea.... But we all got talking on our way home, which eventually led to them hanging out. Then bam! They've been dating for about a month and half.

By the time I was done thinking about the past, we were finally home. I unlocked the door to feel the cool breeze of an air conditioner. I sighed as I threw my bags on the couch. My sweaty palms ran over my hair as I tried to push it back. I didn't realize my bags hand landed on something until it spoke. 

"Oi! Watch where your throwing that love." I heard a voice from under all the bags.

"Sorry Lou, didn't see ya there." I apologized. He poked his head through the bags and raised his eyebrows.

"You bought these clothes?" He questioned holding up a crop top. I snatched it from him and glared.

"Yes, well actually Kayla made me. Since she wants me to 'be more social and go to parties.'" I used my fingers to use air quotes since I originally wanted to wear just jeans and a t-shirt. I did enjoy dressing up sometimes though, which was close to never.

"Are you really coming tonight?" Liam walked out of the kitchen holding a tub of ice cream. I puffed out air and took the tub from him.

"Yes I am. And will you stop eating all my ice cream? None of you even live here." I retorted. They both laughed at my annoyance as I dragged my bags upstairs.

"Ok, so the party starts in a few hours so lets start to get ready!" Kayla chirped.

"We still have like 4 hours left, it doesn't take that long for me to get ready." I said. She just shook her head slowly.

"Well we have to do your hair, make-up, find your clothes and of course pre-game!" She yelled holding up a bottle of vodka. Where the hell did she even pull that out of?

"Ugh Kayla, why do you do this to me." I said standing up and dumping out the bags of clothes scattered across my bed.

"Let's get started!" Kayla yelled turning on the music. She started to move clothes around holding things up. Then came the consecutive yes' and no's, and the occasional 'why the fuck did we buy that'.

But finally 2 and a half hours later, we were ready. My hair was pin straight. I had on black studded high wasted shorts, and see through white floral shirt with a white bandoo under it and finally my favorite light jean vest. My eyes had a little glitter on them with light pink lip gloss. Kayla had her hair in a high pony-tail with a white shirt that had no sleeves and was cut on the sides with black shorts the had 3 buttons on each side. We began to walk downstairs. I was greeted by whistles escaping Liam's lips and a howl from Harry, another one of Zayn's friends. I rolled my eyes and punched Harry in the arm. We all were laughing until the doorbell rang.

I walked over and opened it revealing the mail man.

"Hey Emilee! I got a letter for ya!" He said warmly.

"Thanks Mr. Gates!" I said closing the door. I read the envelope and it said Police District 113 (A/N; I don't really know if that's an actual district or if they even have them in England. But just go along with it!) I felt an urge to open the letter right then and there.

"Who's it from?" Kayla questioned.

"Oh, just a bill that's all." I was about to pull it behind my back until Lou ripped the note from my hand.

"It's from the district? Wait.." He stopped and looked at me. I slowly bowed my head and crossed my Van's together.

"Are you still writing that creep? What did we tell you about that!" Lou yelled obviously annoyed that i still ignored all their warnings about writing Mr. Horan.

"Just give it back!" I yelled. He ripped it open and began to read it out loud.

"Dear Emilee,"  He began. My heart skipped a beat waiting for him to go on. My eyes still stuck to the top of my beat up black Vans. He started

"Well love, I hope your doing well and I admire the fact you still write me. But this has to come to an end. This will be my last letter and please don't write back. I'm sorry but I can't explain why but one day you'll understand. I couldn't send you a picture because I don't want you too look for me if I'm ever in your area. Take care and stay strong. You deserve the world, and one day you will find it in something or someone that will make you the happiest girl on earth. Goodbye love.

Yours Truly,

Mr. Horan."

I was frozen in my place. The room was silent and I just stared at the letter Lou handed back to me. I was so confused and angry. Why after all this time did he have to drop me like I was nothing? I know we didn't have a relationship or anything, let alone I didn't like him like that. But why all the sudden? Did something go wrong with his trial? I crumpled the paper up and let it drop to the floor. I turned back to face the people who were all staring at me with open mouths. I closed my eyes and took in a breathe of air.

"Well that was a bit weird." Harry smiles awkwardly, I look between all of their faces. Some of them smile sympathetically, but Lou and Kayla look relieved. I have a moment to gather my words and hopefully I do not sound too disappointed.

"Well, we have a party to get to, don't we?" I smile at Kayla, and for the moment she believes me. The boys holler and grab their things. They all usually stay over after a night of partying so none of them have to drive. One by one they exit the house, until I'm left standing at the door alone. I lock the door but something hits me. I stand still with my hand still on the doorknob, key still stuck in the lock.

After sending letters to Mr. Horan it would usually take 4 or 5 days, sometimes even a week to receive one back. I never gave thought to it, but if he was half way around the world like I suspected he was maybe the letters would have taken longer for him to receive and respond to. There was no way he could have gotten my letter and responded in less than 24 hours... But since he did, that only meant one thing..

Half way around the world was much closer than I thought it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how'd you like the 2nd chapter? Please vote comment and fan!  I love writing so please if you want more than all you have to do is read and tell me ! Emilee's outfit is the picture on the side!

Stay Golden xxxx