Chapter 28.

The scene of screaming teenagers was now growing smaller and smaller as I furthered down the beach. Still slung on the back of a pair of strong shoulders, I did not cry. I did not kick and scream, but only silence filled the air. Every couple of seconds the waves broke through, reminding me of what just happened moments ago.  

"You can put me down now Troy, I'm not gonna run back there like a fucking maniac." My voice was shaky, but only from the constant rocking caused by Troy's footsteps.  

"Couple more feet princess, then I'll put ya' down." I noticed we've come to a more vacant part of the beach. No towels and umbrellas liter the sand, mentally I roll my eyes.  

Eventually I was put down but I didn't dare move. I didn't know what to do. Why was all of this hurting me so much? I was stupid to believe Niall in the first place, I was stupid to have even come here. 

"Cigarette?" Troy hands me one and I gladly take it, I let him light the cigarette as I inhale the burning fumes, it calms my shaking a little.  

"Did you know about Candy and Niall?" We sat in the middle of the beach, far from the waves but I could still feel the cold mist spray onto my legs.  

"It's actually a funny story. I knew Niall before her due to," He paused and took a hit from his cigarette, "Due to other affiliations, Candy was a groupie you could say the most. Her and a mate of mine used to fuck all the time. It was coincidence that she shagged Niall. She came to a party one night gloating about how she hooked up with a mysterious guy who was covered in tattoos. It didn't take me long to find out Niall was out of jail, and well, getting used to life outside those four walls." I shook my head, how does this have to do with anything? 

"Like I told you last night I needed information about him; payrolls, friends, etcetera. So I convinced Candy to try and get to know him a little better, but sadly that place was already taken." He looked at me with humble eyes. But in this situation I knew his thoughts were far from humbling.  

"So if that place was already taken, why the fuck were they still sneaking around?" My tone was harsh, and I mentally scolded myself for sounding like I cared about the situation. Something deep down in my stomach twisted, I guess I really did. 

"I honestly don't know. But when I heard about your little vacation I couldn't help but tag along and met the girl whose got Candy's panties in a twist. And who's been taking Niall's attention away from what really matters." I flick my cigarette and go to light another, what the fuck is he even talking about? What really matters? 

"What do you mean?" He lights the second one for me. 

"I'm guessing Niall told you about the fighting, correct?" I shook my head, my lungs burned with anticipation. 

"Well, as he fought his was to the top, he knocked a few of my guys down along the way. Your boyfriend thought he was some tough shit locked up. He made some lavish bets, won them, and made everyone his bitch. But that wasn't enough for him." Troy began to laugh, how was any of this even funny? 

"He fought my best man, the dude could have knocked Niall out with one punch, but he didn't. You wanna know why?" He didn't let me answer to tell him to continue. 

"Because all of Niall's bitches were there to protect him. All the guards he had on payroll monitored the fight and made sure my man lost. Niall rigged the shit out of that bet, and that cost me a lot of money. Money that will not be made back easily.. But that's what I have you for." Troy's hand found its way around my waist, pulling me closer into him. I froze. Me? 

"Me? What could I possibly do?" I was starting to get really confused, my mind wandered off on the possibilities on how I had anything to do with this that I didn't realize Troy's hand gliding up my thigh.