Part 4 Hoot

Everyone was flying in different directions with a shower of feathers.  It was complete chaos.  Our barn was being bulldozed and there was nothing we could do about it.  There were many families that lived in that barn and we all helped each other out.  My parents left a long time ago and never came back.  Eventually, some of the other barn owls noticed me all alone and gave me some food.  Everyone helped me and raised me into what I am today.  I am a mouse hunting machine by night and a white and brown shadow by day.  But now, everything I had ever known was being destroyed.  I had no idea what to do or where to go.  I decided to fly around and find some of the owls I knew.  I flew all day and couldn't find anyone.  I found a tall tree nearby and decided to take a nap and find them in the morning.  In the middle of the night,  I woke to the sounds of fighting below my new roost.  I flew to the lower branches and watched as a raccoon with a "mask", a dog with black spots, and a white and cream cat with long fur all fought.  It seemed to me that the cat and dog were on the same team, but I couldn't be sure.  I heard the raccoon hiss at the dog, "I am going to make you pay for your unfortunate mistake," and decided to try to help them in their dilemma.  I am a strong believer in peace. 
          "What is going on here?" I asked them. 
          "These two took my home!" 
          "He attacked us while we were sleeping!" the raccoon and dog said at the same time. 
          "This sounds like a simple misunderstanding.  Maybe before you two kill each other, you could try actually talking," I said simply. 
          "I thought they were stealing my home," the raccoon said as he glared at the cat and dog. 
          "You thought... You attacked us in our new home!" the dog growled back.  "Not that you would ever know what it is like to need a knew home," he snarled.  The raccoon flinched at the insult.
          "Why don't you three make a deal?" I suggest innocently.  "You three share the home for a while, at least until the cat and dog find a better home, and they help the raccoon find food in addition to getting food for themselves."

A New Beginningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें