"Baekhyun, move out of the way now!" He yelled. 

But it was too late.. the truck struk Baekhyun from behind, sending the seven year old flying to the floor.

"H-Hyung?"

Baekhyun opened his eyes to see his brother on his knees a few feet away from him. His gaze moved down to see his own body laying on the ground.

"H-Hyung... I'm right here!" Baekhyun yelled as tears welled up in his eyes. "I'm right here! I'm okay!" Baekhyun began to cry, trying to shake his brothers shoulders but his hands would only go right through him.

The roaring of an ambulance truck were heard close by.

"W-what's going on? Why can't hyung see me?" Baekhyun mumbled to himself as sat on the floor with his knees to his chest.

"Don't be scared." He looked up to see an older boy who looked to be his brothers age. 

 "Who are you?" Baekhyun sniffled as he wiped his nose on the back of his hands.

"My names Kim Junmyeon. I'm here to help you." Junmyeon gave baekhyun a friendly smile as he squatted beside the young boy.

 "Why can't hyung see me? Why can't he hear me? What's going on?"

"Relax, you'll be able to be with your brother soon." Junmyeon placed a hand on the little boys shoulder to comfort him.

"Your brother can't see or hear you because you're a ghost." 

"Am I going to be a ghost forever!?" Baekhyun's bottom lip trembled.

I won't get to speak to my family anymore?

"No no no, it's just temporarily. You'll be able to be with your family again. I promise." Baekhyun nodded. 

"Why me?" 

"Well, you've been chosen to help those who are earth bound."

"Help who?" Baekhyun asked, wiping his cheek.

"Ghosts, also known as spirits." Junmyeon began to explain. "Once you return you'll be able to see and speak to earthbound spirits. Those spirits have unfinished business and you're job is to help them."

"Ghosts? What if they're scary?" Baekhyun pouted. 

"I'll be right with you. I'm your guide, like a guardian angel."

Baekhyun looked up and stared at Junmyeon for a few minutes before he gave him a slow nod to say okay.

"Come on, let's go to your body." Junmyeon held his hand out and baekhyun took it. In a split second the two appeared in a hospital hallway.

"Are the gray people ghosts?" Baekhyun asked as he moved closer to junmyeon. 

"Yes, when you help them they get their color back which means they found peace once their unfinished business is taken care of."

"Hyung!" Baekhyun yelled as he ran to his brother who sat outside the room crying.

"Hyung! I'm fine, see!" Baekhyun gave him a smile but Baekbeom didn't even look up.